1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hi, I'm New To Forum But An Old Hand... With A Few Problems

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by MLPF Lynch, Feb 14, 2020.

1. MLPF Lynch

MLPF Lynch New Member

I've had Train Sim since 2004 when Just Trains released it for Windows 95, Me & XP (yes, those were the days) and had them on Steam since 2014. Now if you remember in TS2004, all you had to do to install a turntable was select which one you wanted, connect it up to the track and it was done. boom, ready to use straight away. I tried doing that on TS2020, and I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. I did it exactly as I would have done previous, but it didn't work. I'm also having a problem with installing fuel points on routes hat I'm building, but again, in TS2004, it was easy. I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

PS. This is really embarrassing, as I am actually a trained footplateman on steam locomotives in real life (Pass Fireman), so not being able to install fuel points or turntables is quite embarrassing. (I've only just got the hang of installing the platforms on offset from the track, but the platform edge is on the wrong side, so still a lot to learn)

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

When I had TRS2004 and TRS2006 I could easily lay track,add signals, stations, building etc
    But that was Trainz 2004 or Trainz 2006 - the laying of track and Turntables is not as easy in Train Simulator
    When this game was released then it was called Railworks

This video should help you with the track and Turntable laying and there are a lot of videos from the same source

Peter