PC Horn Stuck On Sd40-2 Sandpatch Grade

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by paul.pavlinovich, Nov 29, 2020.

1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Has anyone else had the horn get stuck (game thinks its off but sound continues to play fading in and out) on Sand Patch Grade in the SD40-2 when the safety systems (warning devices circuit breaker) are turned on? Once it happens there is seemingly no way to correct it. The horn no longer works. The lever will activate the bell so its still working. It is kind of annoying to have to play the remainder of a scenario with the horn stuck on.

Paul

• Like Like x 2
  2. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

Yeah, posted the same thing weeks ago.

3. ingenzone

ingenzone Member

Same thing happens on the GP38 (both UP and CSX) and F40PH. If you turn the warning devices on the F40, the engine will start making a horrendous glitchy sound. On the GP38, I've had the horn go out, engine sounds go out, and other glitchy broken engine noises. Also, the warning devices do not beep when you are inside of the GP38. Only with the exterior camera you can hear the buzzer. I'm the guy who plays TSW with F1 so having broken warning devices is super annoying.

4. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Happens on Peninsula Corridor too. Each route has lots of sections loaded and unloaded into memory (fps briefly dips). Could it be holding the horn between these causes it? The game seems to remember that horn sound every few miles like it got recorded into the environment soundscape. Really odd and certainly frustrating. It tends to happen when holding the horn exiting a tunnel so I avoid that now. You could try using free camera, wait for the train to get out of view and return back to it (a brief loading screen will come up if far away). I have been able to use the horn again then in the same session.

This issue is in TSW2 and TSW2020.

5. migmadmarine

migmadmarine Member

This happens with the AC4400 and Dash-8 as well. You can fly the 8 camera far enough away that you need a loading screen when you press the cab view button to get control of the horn back, but you will still pass a disembodied horn blaring in each chunk.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. ingenzone

ingenzone Member

TSW2's loading times are much faster than TSW2020. I usually just save, go back to home, resume, and it fixes everything.

7. bartolomaeusz

bartolomaeusz Well-Known Member

Horn glitch with Dash-8 on Eastbound Coal scenario

8. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

I have had the glitch with the horn stop working but fading in and out in a distance throughout the rest of the scenario happen with both the Dash-8 and AC4400. I have had the horn just completely stop working on the SD40-2 half way through a scenario multiple times. In fact, last time was earlier today. Bell still working, though. VERY annoying this!

9. MachineRail

MachineRail New Member

Yeah ive had this a few times too seams to happened a lot when i try to recreate the real-life horn pattern

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I had this happen once to me with the AC4400CW on my way to Rockwood.

11. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Happened to me on the Dash8 yesterday in the "Slippery Descent" scenario. Kept rising and falling haphazardly after going out completely. Came back eventually though.

12. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

I haven't had a single issue with the horn on the F40ph. Only the Sand Patch locos, and the UP GP38

• Like Like x 1
  13. GrayDawg

GrayDawg Well-Known Member

This ^^^. I too never experienced it anywhere else than on Sand Patch Grade, which leads me to believe there is something on that specific route causing it. I have had it, as I have said before, happening on all locos there, in different ways, in different areas of the route. So it looks to be something in the "core" of that route that broke after it was upgraded to TSW2 combability.