Horseshoe Curve - Tsw2 Version Released With Alot Of Content Cut Out, Why

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gabe_1.0, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Can anyone confirm? TSW2 now features Horseshoe Curve again which i was very excited about until I looked back at the TS2022 release and there is literally up yo 70% content cut out!

The most obvious content that's cut out is......
    • F7 locomotive 'A' and 'B' units
    • GP7 locomotive
    • Passenger cars
    • 6 unlock-able career scenarios - complete one scenario to unlock the next and handle increasingly important tasks, finishing with a special 100th anniversary trip to coincide with a light show over the Horseshoe Curve.
    Why would you leave out these assets? It doesn't make sense.

2. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

The F7 & GP7 arent correct for the era modelled in TSW2,
    There;s far more services and scenarios on the TSW2 version.
    The passenger cars - there's like 2 services a day so whilst it would have been nice to see Amtrak P42DC's included, it would have been a complete waste of resources to produce specifically for this route.

Also the TSW version includes the South Fork division which I don't think is included on the TS Classic version, so arguably we are getting more bang for our buck.

Also you cant just throw in TS1 assets into TSW, it doesn't work like that.

I actually think its smart that TSW doesnt just copy routes over from TS1 in the same era etc. Gives variety for those of us who play both.

• Like Like x 21
  3. heyitspopcorn

heyitspopcorn Well-Known Member

Not to mention that Amfleet II coaches and a baggage car would also need to have been modelled.

• Like Like x 4
  4. redrev1917

I mean they could use the Amfleet coaches from BS, it would be wrong, but its not like DTG doesnt have form for using incorrect coaching stock **cough Hamburg**

• Like Like x 6
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You mean Amfleet Is from the Boston-Providence route. In reality these railway carriages are used on the Pennsylvanian 445 mi (720 km) 9 hr NY Penn to Pittsburgh, PA via Horseshoe Curve.
    Video dates to August 2020 during COVID-19 pre-Vaccines Pennsylvanian has Amfleet Is

Correct Doppelstockwagen for Hambrug-Lubeck are 781 786 with 766.2/767.2. Perhaps DTG should make Hauptstrecke Bochum-Dortmund Hagen via Wetter & WItten Hbf with 781 786 DB BR145s to fix HBK

6. redrev1917

Cool, I had it in my head Amfleet 2s where used on this route, but I bow to your superior knowledge on this.

7. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Cue the DLC with a reskinned F40 from BS or PC to haul those two services a day!

• Like Like x 4
  8. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

It uses both.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. chacal#2181

chacal#2181 Well-Known Member

Its not cut out, as its not the TS DLC put into TSW2, it's a new, fully developped DLC with différent choices on the same route.

• Like Like x 3
  10. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

There was nothing “cut out”, because the TSW route is a completely different product from the TS route, built from the ground up. (Also set in a different era)

• Like Like x 3
  11. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

Great point regarding Amtrak P42DC- but it really needs to come to TSW2 at some point.

I don't know which potential route would be best for it's "home", but it can layer at least on here, SPG, and Boston (for AI services).

If loco DLC was uncoupled from belonging to a route, it would probably be more feasible as a lower-priced standalone pack.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kangaroo Conductor

Kangaroo Conductor Well-Known Member

This is such an important thought to have when looking at the announcements of routes.

Passenger services for the freight routes would be a very nice-have. In germany, it's common that freight and passenger runs hand in hand, as evidend by the german DLC that feature both. But for the american routes, it's such a special sight to look at.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
  13. solicitr

The basic problem behind trying to model any Amtrak diesel is that they don’t really run, anywhere, more than a couple if times a day. The few routes Amtrak runs with more frequency, such as the NEC, are electrified

• Like Like x 2
  14. redrev1917

There's the Hudson line up to Albany with a decent number of services although that's a PC32. But other than that and the Pacific Coastline they are few and far between

15. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Oh hang on this the same line but in Modern day Variant. ah I see. But still feels like a bit of a funny decision because the lacks of old vintage american classic power, i've been screaming for classic american power. There's clinchfield but it's half done job. The classic version of this line was pretty exciting but just low quality. Now you got quality but no classics. P.S I saw a diesel switcher on this modern day line along with an F7 in NS theme. surely they can be introduced. The diesel switcher look like the one from Caltrain DLC but it was diffrent paintwork.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Doomotron

Doomotron Well-Known Member

They can, however. Many TS assets and now even trains are being ported into TSW which really shouldn't be happening. In the past is was just minor assets like the van (a 2007 Kuju asset that stuck out massively) but now we're getting full station models ported over. Brighton station looks terrible but not as appalling as many stations on SEHS which are beyond unacceptable. It's a slippery slope, and now the Jubilee Class is based on Bossman Games' TS model, the slope is going to get steeper.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

There is the Hiawatha between Chicago and Milwaukee with 7 round trips a day seven days a week. At almost 90 miles, this is a bit beyond DTG's maximum range and they would have to make a new loco, an SC 44 perhaps, with new Siemens rolling stock. There's no indication that this route will be electrified any time soon.

18. driverwoods#1787

You mean Amtrak F40PH 200-409 that includes 315
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Probably dev costs for TS are far lower that for TSW2. I think they start with a sales plan and have a budget based on expected sales. This determines how many loco's and route length is affordable. In many cases you see they cut out things later, like the many inaccessible yards in Tees Valley.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

They can easily port over simple 3D models, as presented by the scenery assets you have mentioned. Trains however need to be redone from scratch. At best case you can only reuse their 3D models if they are detailed enough, but all the setup, materials, animations etc need to be redone, I would assume.

Now about the route, I agree that setting it in a modern timeframe is pretty boring. If the route featured something more unique, like the F7 and the high-nose GP7, like in the TS variant, it would be much more appealing.

• Like Like x 3
  21. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

Ditto. The game badly needs more American (well, there's only Clinchfield currently) historic/fallen flag railroading IMO.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Yes, as I've said before, a true missed opportunity. Set back in the '50's, in addition to the diesels you mentioned, it would have opened up the possibility of adding the Centipede and the RF16, not to mention the K4, once steam has been mastered.
    And let's face it, ain't nothin like the old PRR liveries!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  23. solicitr

The possibilities with US 1st-gen diesels are endless.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Suryaaji#2369

Suryaaji#2369 Well-Known Member

50's - 60's American Diesels should come to TSW in the future.

25. BlaringHorn

BlaringHorn Well-Known Member

I hope Horseshoe won't be a sign of things to come, that is, take a historic route from TS and set it in the modern day to save the trouble of having to model new (well, old) locomotives.

• Like Like x 1
  26. driverwoods#1787

I agree and there is one currently in game emd F7 1949-1955 Clinchfield RR

• Like Like x 1