How About A Seperate Forum Area For Route Builders?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wflint2, May 21, 2018.

1. wflint2

wflint2 New Member

Hi all,
    As a former route builder in Trainz, I have found route building in TS to be rewarding but a much more challenging task.
    I'd really like to develop some routes using TS but often have questions that go beyond the TS Creator Manual, Reference Manual, and YouTube Tutorials.
    Perhaps a solution for myself and others would be a new, dedicated forum area devoted specifically to route building?

Cheers,
    Bill

• Like Like x 1
  2. Growler374

Growler374 New Member

Over the years I've found the Route Building forum on UKTrainSim very helpful. All sorts of handy pointers & lots of experts willing to help share their wisdom. The sticky thread "Tutorial - route building in Railworks" by the one only Keith M Ross (a true route building genius!) is a great starting point. Anyway link provided below. Hope that's of some help. :)

http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewforum.php?f=365&sid=d800468e175ac79fcb48a42487fd41f2

3. TheConductor

TheConductor New Member

There are plenty of outside forums for TS where people can provide the information you need. Key word there is CAN, i have been to 5 of the biggest forums and nobody is remotely helpful or even welcoming to new members. So like what happened to me you end up getting shunned and meeting others that have been shunned and then your group that was shunned by everyone else threw trial and error figures it out for the most part. This only worked though because we were all helping each other and activley just messing around pushing buttons and seeing what happened untill what we wanted happened. But really unless you plan to be a 3rd party dlc developer then most of what you need is time Technic and experince with what you have. Those are what makes a good route builder.

4. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

While I can easily understand your concept, what would prevent it from degenerating into the weeping and wailing so common to the present sub-forums?