How Can I Add Station And Train Announcements?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by poivanvm, Jan 26, 2021.

1. poivanvm

poivanvm New Member

Hi everyone!

I would like to know how to add train and station announcements in TS 2021 scenario editor. For the train announcements, I think it should be possible to make the train reach a track marker and then trigger the sound (only that I don't know how to do that); and for station announcements, I think it would be enough to put a sound effect item (like the ones that already exist for ambience sounds) right in the middle of the station. I already have the sound files in .wav format, but I don't know how to add them to the game (to use them in the editor as sound items), and then how to connect the track marker with the triggering of the sound file (for train announcements).

Any help would be very much appreciated! I've just started with TS editor, so I don't know many techincal aspects about it and I get lost pretty easily among the game folders :(

Thanks,

Ivan

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

I have seen some scenarios on RailSim.de which feature On Train Announcements.
    These are Scenario Specific so it will work on only one train in one scenario
    They work by having a Trigger in the track and as the train reaches it plays an audio file which is in *.wav format

Station Audio is different and will play when the Player in within the set distance
    I have not used these myself so you would be better looking at a sound and how it is played

Peter

3. Peter Hayes

Peter Hayes Well-Known Member

Didn't trains and Drivers have a similar system: Versystem
    The Versystem Soundboard let's you experience Dovetail Train Simulator like never before. It intergrates with the game to playback station and onboard announcements and together with exiting scenarios will emerge you itno the gameworld. Versystem Soundboard works on every route and train and does also support the playback of ambiant sounds during the scenario.
    It might be still available from other sellers.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The Versystem adds announcement to Scenarios created by other people and the only UK route is London to Brighton
    This is the webpage which might give you more info https://www.versystem.de/de/info/soundboard.html

Not sure if it will help with adding your sounds to scenarios