1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Deep Are Dtg Pockets?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AOB, Aug 13, 2017 at 1:03 AM.

1. AOB

AOB New Member

Call me paranoid but I am thinking that without a huge fan base it must be getting difficult to fund continued development of this sim. I love it but it has not grabbed the FS world with most waffling on about how their X-Plane or FSX sim is better than this. I am thinking that DTG will need an influx of funds pretty soon maybe?

I guess the same could be said about the other new sim in early access too. I think developing something like this would not be for the faint hearted.

Tags:
  2. Jehan

Jehan New Member

I'm guessing they have a good revenue from Train Sim and its plethora of DLC.

3. dreadmetis

dreadmetis Member

I guess they have a better revenue from FSX-SE than from Train Sim. FSX and its first showing the way of the plethora for DLCs in the game industry, just before Oblivion :p :trollface:

I cannot imagine a serious business like DTG going into a 5 to 6 year of development without some cash... Would be even stupider than Microsofts trying to reboot Flight Sim by creating Ms Flight with mostly cockpitless planes ;)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017 at 10:26 AM
  4. in2tech

in2tech Member

I do not think it is how deep your pockets are but how smart and well planned your business model is. Microsoft Flight if I am not mistaken had Microsoft behind it and it did not make it, because they apparently did not know the market. Seem's like DTG has done their research, and they mention the long haul all the time. Hopefully their business model is solid as a rock. Only time will tell. And those waffling also complained big time when FSX came out. And they have thousand's of dollar's worth of add on's for FSX which they are freaking out about having to repurchase. They freaked out when they had to purchase the same thing they had from FS9 for FSX. They complained when that jet company made them purchase the same plane again for P3D. But guess what most of them did.

All they talked about was FSX becoming out of date and we need a new sim. Now they have like 3 or 4, and they hate the one they do not fly, simple as that! They got mad when Dovetail came out with FSX-SE. It's the same thing I already own, blah, blah, blah. Apparently they do not want any new people to come to the flight simulation party :)

Here's wishing all the sim's a boat load of money, but more for Flight Sim World :) Right Cryss :)

Remember most simmer's are angry people. Me included :)

• Upvote Upvote x 1
  5. AOB

AOB New Member

I so hope you are right in2tech. I remember when the worlds best simulator (not that I was biased or anything :)) went belly up as soon as it hit the shelves. That was back in 1999 I think and it was called Flight Unlimited III. I am still crying over that one! FSW is a great product and deserves to succeed.

6. Moiv

Moiv New Member

Not too be rude, but is it really any of your concern? lol

7. AOB

AOB New Member

You right Moiv and no offence taken. :)

8. Bigglesworth

Bigglesworth Member

Ah, the Flight Unlimited series. I still have the baseball cap Looking Glass sent me, with all of their signatures on it, for creating a FU2 mission-building program using Visual Baler (the old lotus 1-2-3 spreadsheet compiler). For a while FU3 put FS2002 and even FS9 to shame, except for its limited geographical areas.

9. jogebau

jogebau Member

A few updates back I started a discussion hit some here on the forums about whether dtg was up to the task of building what they promised to build.

I did believe that they are making huge progress and I still do. But by now the critical voices seem to be a lot quieter. And I see a growing community of enthusiasts. Dtg has now proven that they can make progress, and that they have a clear vision of what they want to achieve.

Early access has only started 2-3 month ago, and we are on update 9. We now have truesky and while not perfect, you can already hear envious voices from other platforms.

I truly hope that they have a similar plan for enhancing the ground like they had for the sky, because if they do, that will mean a huge advantage over all others.

I think dtg know what they are doing, and if they continue to develop at the current speed, they won't be too far out from fsw attracting a larger crowd.

Jon

10. AOB

AOB New Member

Hi Bigglesworth. Your efforts on that sim FU were much appreciated. The graphics were lousy by todays standards of course but the ATC ..... I remember being told off in no uncertain terms for wandering off the taxi way :)

11. in2tech

in2tech Member

Kind of like Bigglesworth's carrier mission :) Sari is a sassy lady :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017 at 3:06 AM