How Do I Couple More Than 1 Class 142 Together And Get It Moving?

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by ludwigtails, Dec 31, 2023.

1. ludwigtails

ludwigtails Active Member

So I have tried coupling 3 Class 142s together but when i tried moving, none of them did. I cant get the coupled 3 class 142 moving. I just simply attach the 3 pacers, after that I cant get them moving. Am i doing something wrong or missing here?

2. mldaureol2

mldaureol2 Well-Known Member

I am sure you have to press the couple switch located in the cab of each unit, as well as physically joining the units.
    Mike.

3. Nick Y

Nick Y Well-Known Member

You have to be in one of the cabs you are going to couple up and then drive into the other unit until it locks together. Then Press the couple button until you hear a hiss (you may also see a slight bounce in the other unit).
    This has to be done on every unit you want to couple to but only needs to be done in the cab of the unit you are driving.

You must be in the cab of the unit facing the one you are coupling up to.
    Also, you might then need to go knock off the tail lights in each cab except the rearmost one.

4. ludwigtails

ludwigtails Active Member

alright thanks everyone, so i tried coupling the pacers up. after coupling them up. I have to go into neutral then press couple to see that little bounce meaning its coupled.