How Do You Use The ”copy To Car” Function?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Farmer_C, Jan 4, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

Hello,

I was wondering how the ”copy to car” -function in the livery editor in TSW2/PS4 works? I have made several custom liveries, but the editor never offers these, when I try to copy a layer from one car to another. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

2. moofeen#2182

moofeen#2182 Active Member

L1 to copy and r1 to select car so all it does is it acts like a copy and paste feature

3. Farmer_C

Thanks. The problem is that when I try to copy elements/layers to other cars, it doesn’t give me any other options except ”this car”, which is the one I have active on my screen.
    For example, I have several different custom liveries for the ’zacns’ tank wagon. If I try to copy layers from one of these and move them to the other zacns custom liveries, the editor doesn’t list/offer any of these additional liveries.

4. CK95

CK95 Well-Known Member

Copy to car only works on stock with multiple units in its default consist, take the Class 387 for example, it has 4 cars per consist.

If you want to fully copy a livery for something such as a freight wagon, you need to copy the livery from the livery creator menu.

When you select something you want to create a livery for, you should see 3 options; edit, copy, delete.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Farmer_C

Excellent, thank you very much for the advice. This explains the issue very clearly.

It would be nice, if elements could be copied to other wagons/locomotives without limitations, as some of the logos and texts are quite laboursome to do.

Cheers mate for yoyr help.

6. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

on the choose screen. Wherever you choose text, figure or signal, before choosing you have to go to what you want to copy and it is then that you click L1. copies you to the next car and so on.
    [QUOTE = "Farmer_C, publicación: 432951, miembro: 5149"] Gracias. El problema es que cuando intento copiar elementos / capas a otros coches, no me da otras opciones excepto "este coche", que es el que tengo activo en mi pantalla.
    Por ejemplo, tengo varias libreas personalizadas diferentes para el vagón cisterna 'zacns'. Si trato de copiar capas de una de estas y moverlas a las otras libreas personalizadas de Zacns, el editor no lista / ofrece ninguna de estas libreas adicionales. [/ QUOTE]

7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

What CK said. Unfortunately, one can only copy elements from car to car if they are complete EMUs or DMUs, in which case you can copy elements from one car to the next. But individual locos or wagons, i.e. those which are on the LD painting screen by themselves- no dice.

The inability to transfer elements from one LD "livery unit" to another is one of the major things one hopes will be fixed in LD 2.0.