How I Beat The Bug

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by matt0d, Apr 27, 2022.

1. matt0d

matt0d Member

I want to start this off by saying that I know the savegame function is broken and that I don't want this to become another thread where people end up moaning about this. This is just my experience and how I beat the game to get my deserved gold:

I was in the middle of a fast (GX) service on LBN and halfway between Gatwick Airport and Brighton when I had to leave the game. I took my chances and pressed save on the current run. Sure enough, when I came back to the game and tried to finish off the run today I ran into a line of four trains waiting at red lights to get into Brigton.

I decided to investigate what had happened and after flying up the line I realised that the blockage was the responsibility of a train stuck at Preston Park. I took a look about and saw that the train stuck was due to depart at the same time that I had saved the game (in game time). So I took a guess and thought: Maybe the train has got stuck on the open doors/load passengers command?

Queue 30 seconds of manually flying along the train and opening the doors (none of the buttons would work when I tried them), waiting the standard minuite for a load required by the game and then closing all the doors again.

Sure enough when the final one was closed the AI driver took off at such a pace I didn't even close her driver's door, clearing the signal and junction and eventually the signal ahead of me. For those who want the rest of the story... I pulled into Brighton 5 minuites later after waiting for all the traffic to go and managed to get the gold medal the game owed me.

Maybe this will be of use to someone who comes across this, it certainly isn't pretty but when I have more time I want to see if this is the case for other services. And maybe, just maybe someone at DTG will notice this and it will actually help to fix savegame once and for all.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Similar to what I did on a German route where I was able to move the cab controls from free camera/8 and get the train to move. I don't think it works if the stuck train itself is facing a red signal, though.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  3. matt0d

matt0d Member

Yeah, that's a good point. For this to work I do think that you need to find the root of the problem - which sometimes might be hidden down a portal somewhere.

This is probably only useful if the train is heading down the mainline with you and/or the controls can't be used easily - if you just need to get a train over a switch yours is defo a good idea

4. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

An important piece of the puzzle may just have been found. Hope dtg dig further into this.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

This is a good investigation of the save game issues, but, only good for passenger trains. I have seen this issue on CRR after a save and the offending AI was stuck at a red, so taking control of this train did nothing.