How I Think A Consist Maker Should Be Implemented

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by tehangrybird345, Aug 27, 2022.

1. tehangrybird345

tehangrybird345 Well-Known Member

Many people including myself have suggested a consist maker for TSW. Now that TSW3 and the scenario planner 2.0 are on their way I think it’s a good time to mention how it should be implemented.

I think it should basically act just like the consist maker in Train Simulator Classic, but with it’s flaws worked out.

For the similarities, it should allow you to make trains of any length and use any rolling stock together as long as the couplers are compatible. If you want to haul dostos with a gevo, as long as you have a class 66 in the middle to connect the different couplers, you should be able to.

However there shouldn’t be it’s major flaw, and that’s dual mode locomotives. The way it’s implemented in TS is a dual mode locomotive will show two versions, one for each power mode. This can be a mess and cause problems when changing modes. Instead I think it should just list the one locomotive and not have two separate versions, and the train will automatically select the correct version when driving. (If its not on track that has the right power source then that doesn’t have to go into effect). For example, If I were to select a javelin, I wouldn’t have to select between 3rd rail and pantograph mode like you would have to in TS Classic, I could just throw the train onto the tracks and it would select the right mode. But if it’s in unnelectrified territory and there isn’t a dmu to pull it, it would depend on if off the rails is implemented. If it is, then it would drive off the electrified track like normal in either mode.

Another thing is the ability to create consists that don’t have locomotives. You couldn’t drive them, but you could select them to be on static display in scenarios.

I might suggest more for scenario planner 2.0 but that’s all I wanted to say about the consist editor, let me know what you think.

• Like Like x 3
  2. coolpgaming#7175

coolpgaming#7175 Member

would love to see that but dovetail probably wouldnt do it. too much effort

• Like Like x 1