How Is Spirit Of Steam On A Series S?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by owenroser19, Jun 9, 2022.

1. owenroser19

owenroser19 Well-Known Member

I’m debating buying Spirit Of Steam but I’m hesitant because i know how previous routes have been on Series S… I’ve seen some crashing reported but is it frequent like London Commuter? I have all but 1 of the British DLC installed and nothing else. And how is the jack hammering? I know it’s present on the steam trains but is it common or rare?

I will probably use the steam trains more on West Somerset Railway anyway so I’m not massively concerned if the route has problems.

Thanks.

2. 43050

43050 Well-Known Member

I can’t speak for all Series S players but

in my opinion It’s very good overall. I haven’t had any crashes on mine. The jackhammer is there but it seems to go away (sometimes) when you move a lever which changes the sounds, hopefully DTG will have some sort of fix for it before too long

3. owenroser19

Ok thanks

4. coursetim

coursetim Well-Known Member

I've played a bit and so far it seems good for me! I haven't had crashes at all just a bit weird with the derailing bug. The audio issue hasn't been a massive thing for me but either going to camera and flying away or changing levers seems to fix it for me :)

5. owenroser19

Ok thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

My standard fix is to keep the external cam at the back of the train, far enough back that when I reload into the cab it reloads a different character in the second seat. At that point a camera toggle reloads all the audio too.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. Princess Entrapta

Princess Entrapta Well-Known Member

Incidentally, as regards the issue being with how the console processes sounds, I just started getting this same bug on the cricket sounds in the latest Elder Scrolls Online expansion. It's like they gave every grasshopper on the island a line of cocaine. No camera toggle fix there, alas.

8. Ensor42

Ensor42 Well-Known Member

No crashing issues with Spirit of Steam so far, and I do get them on the Dresden routes.