How Much Have You Spent On Tsw?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Thunderer, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

I have bought all DLC's since the launch on console, except for the Arosa line paintjob one - that whole route left a bad taste in my mouth.

I have bought most routes when they come out, so at full price or with the PS Plus discount (£22.49?)

I think it's safe to say I have spent quite a few hundred pounds in the past 4 years on TSW.

I would guess that many forum posters have spent similar, and wonder are we currently getting value for money?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

c£600

• Like Like x 1
  3. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Starting with TSW 2020 CE, I have since bought all routes on day one. Few more DLC on sale.
    The only thing I'm saving is NJE, because it's of little use to me now and on the PS4.
    I would not buy the DB BR 187 again in the current condition in a sale.

It's a bit difficult to track purchases in the PS Store. But over the thumb it should now be >700€.

• Like Like x 1
  4. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

I have probably spent £200+ on TSW for PS, Last week I must have spent £140 on TS2022 + add ons, I`m done spending right now but my sim software is where I want it & now I can really start to enjoy it on PC & PS

#imustbecrazy :o

• Like Like x 2
  5. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I own every route bar WCL so will be a fair whack. Would be more but I've stopped buying loco DLC unless it's 75% or more off ever since they included the 363 in with Dresden making my purchase pointlessm

6. paulc

paulc Well-Known Member

I filled my boots (Laptop) in the March Madness TS sale but I did splurge on some premium stuff from Armstrong Powerhouse & Alan Thomson, well worth it as I`m really enjoying the WCML & the AP 66, 86 & 90!

Most of my purchases on PSN have been discounted in some way.

7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I've got everything UK other than the latest "paint job release" (which I don't see the point of as I don't drive Bakerloo)
    Not sure how much that adds up to but got to be over £200

8. JustAVaporeon

JustAVaporeon Active Member

£460.50, rounding up what normal DLC costs and any sales i remember getting things from

Just to put that into perspective, the base game + all DLC and packs is valued to cost £980.50 (rounded 24.99, 11.49 though i know its 11.99 for others, in which case its £989.50 rounded up) which excludes all sales and bundles and that's only increasing x_x

9. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

I've got all UK DLC's plus I purchased TSW, TSW2020 and TSW2 plus most of the German DLC's and some of the American stuff. So a few hundred at least.

10. antwerpcentral

antwerpcentral Well-Known Member

Too much

• Like Like x 1
  11. phillipa#1949

phillipa#1949 Active Member

200 pound taking into account that i brought some at half price during there sales some where download from the first TWS 2020 Which shrank the cost.

Not worried about the cost so much its getting value for my 24.99 some are worth it more than others if you see what i mean

12. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

I wait for a sale nowadays with 40/50 percent discount on routes and locos. Make an exception for Rush hour or yearly release of three routes in one releases. Have most UK (anything dated 90’s onwards) and all German content that has been discounted as I like my layers. No shunters though. Won’t be buying steam as I like the modern stuff. No need to pay full price for things nowadays as got a lot of routes that will take me a while to repeat on PS5, one of the lucky ones.

13. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Likely too much lol, but it’s a hobby I like - at least when everything is working how it should.

14. CC40100

CC40100 New Member

€120 only. don't always want to play tsw, I drive trains all day, that's enough!!!

• Like Like x 3
  15. TimTri

TimTri Well-Known Member

Don’t even think I could name an exact number, to be honest! I’ll just list some thoughts and recollections, maybe it helps.
    • I started out with the base game in February 2021, a little over a year ago. It was heavily discounted on PS4, below 10€. Got it despite never having played any train sims before because a friend recommended it to me and invited me to watch him play - I was hooked! I did not go for the deluxe edition with additional routes because I wanted to see wether I liked the base game first before getting more routes.
    • About a week later, I got the TSW 2020 deluxe edition, which was heavily discounted between 10-20€ and got me 6 routes! I also later realized this gave me free access to Rapid Transit. Definitely my best move, the value I got for that little amount of money is insane (which is probably why the ability to buy TSW 2020 no longer exists, to prevent more people from being able to get so many routes for cheap).
    • In March, I got SEHS, HMA, ECW and IOW. They were all heavily discounted, of course! I decided on these routes after playing the DLCs I had already acquired and realizing what type of routes and locos I prefer.
    • I got Cathcart Circle at release, with the launch discount of course. This was the first route release I closely followed (preview articles and streams etc) since I started playing shortly after the release of SEHS.
    • At some point in late August, I got the Rush Hour pass because it was discounted at the time. I was perfectly ok waiting a few weeks after Boston Sprinter’s release because I wasn’t particularly excited for that route, but being able to get the whole Season Pass at a discount shortly before DRA’s release was very cool.
    • In September/October, I got HRR and the fitting BR 101. I was very interested in the amount of activity on the route and the highly praised 101, so being able to buy both of them for less than full price was nice!
    • In January, I got DCZ at launch with the discount. Was very excited for this unique route and rolling stock, and it didn’t disappoint!
    • Just a few days ago, in late March, I bought RRO and WCL, which were both heavily discounted. I had my eyes on both of them for a while, was just waiting for the right discount.
    • The future: Definitely getting the Baby Bullet, Harlem Line and Luzern-Sursee DLCs as soon as they’re part of a meaningful sale. I was honestly a bit disappointed by the lack of a launch discount on Harlem and Luzern. Both great routes, but I just can’t justify paying full price and breaking my discount-only streak since multiple other routes were on sale as part of March Madness (and I ended up getting RRO and WCL, as I mentioned above). The DB BR 420 looks intriguing, but it’s going to have to offer more than just substitutions for the existing S-Bahn services to make me buy it. Hopefully a layer on a few other routes, perhaps the new one that’s just been announced! I’m open-minded regarding SOS and the unspecified summer release. Normally not a steam guy, but they’re clearly putting lots of work into it… might be worth a try!

In the end, I’m happy to say that I’ve never bought a TSW product at full price! Just having a bit of patience and strategical thinking can get you lots of DLCs for less money. And the feeling you get when you take advantage of a sale is just great!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  16. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

To be honest I have paid possibly into the thousands for both train Simulator and Train Sim world (and all the DLC for TSW).
    Do I regret it ..... Not one bit.

Hentis

• Like Like x 1
  17. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Started out with collectors edition Disk Xbox Series X Xbox One which has Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr East Coastway and East Coastway.
    When Xbox Winter Sale was on I got Rush Hour routes Nahverkehr Dresden NEC Boston-Providence and Brighton Mainline for $9.99 (£7.64 €9.16 Xe change rate from 6th April 2022)

18. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Xbox player here , I reckon just above £300 , but I regret to say that it has not been worth every penny

19. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

It seems like a lot of us have spent a fair bit of cash on TSW.

I do hope that DTG read this thread and realise how passionate we are about this game, we are not whales or the geese that lays the golden egg, we just want a polished, reliable product for the many hundreds we spend.

20. tcmikaelsouza

tcmikaelsouza Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I bought the TSW2 Deluxe that came with the ECW at the time, then I bought some routes, the first LIRR at full price, days before it went on sale (I was super annoyed because I didn't know the routes were on sale), then I took the TSW2020 Deluxe to get some routes for a more affordable price and then I took routes and locos only on promotions.
    In all,
    I must have spent about 2k BRL (Brazilian Real), at today's price around 431 USD (1USD = 4.64BRL).

• Like Like x 2
  21. The_Drunken_Engineer

The_Drunken_Engineer Well-Known Member

$6,745.25

But seriously I've got every purchase on sale but the TVL route. Even the base game I got for around 9 dollars in America junior bucks. I like their sales strategy. It's fun knowing more routes are coming and I'm happy to support a good product. I just don't know why I like this game so much. I never cared about trains until last December when I got this game lol

22. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Well, it adds up to $275 for me (Google says that’s £210).

Perhaps I’ll get myself a job this summer, which’ll probably allow me to get more things. Or maybe not. The PS5 limit thing exists, and after deleting the Long Island Railroad, I don’t want to delete any other routes. But whenever that gets fixed, I’ll gladly go for more stuff, like Horseshoe Curve and the DB BR 101. I like this stuff.

The only routes that I’ve bought for full price were the Cathcart Circle, Cane Creek, and Sherman Hill. All routes that I was quite excited about approaching release. The Union Pacific routes were day one purchases, and Cathcart was a day two purchase.

Another significant purchase I remember is the BR Heavy Freight Pack, which was $6 (literally amazing). Then there’s my most recent, Munich-Augsburg for $15 (I don’t like German routes much and I feel regret). And I still remember the time I got both Caltrain loco add-ons. Good times. There was a power outage right after that purchase.