How To Create Advanced Scenarios

Discussion in 'Creators Club' started by darkman222, May 2, 2021.

1. darkman222

darkman222 Member

I am new to TSW2, but I have been designing scenarios in other simulators already, so it might be a stupid question, but apparently there is no "advanced" scenario designer for the the regular user like us?!
    How would one create advanced scenarios without using the very limited "scenario designer"

I talk about tasks like: starting by foot, entering a loco then coupling cars, or switching directions in a termius station?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there is only one scenario planner on TSW2 . If you are on pc then you can get mods , not sure if there is one for scenario planner though . I’d have a look round . Happy trains !

• Like Like x 2
  3. darkman222

darkman222 Member

Okay thanks. I was afraid to be told so. So nobody did get his hands on the scenario editor DTG uses to create their little 5 scripted scenarios they ship with each route.

Or maybe they dont have any inhouse editor but create those scenarios right in unreal engine. I think TSW is based on that engine.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Tom Fresco

Tom Fresco Well-Known Member

One can do that (Not like the DTG scenarios, but in that direction) with the Ingame console.
    Basically what you do with it is you Play around a while, then save, and the Savefile can be shared.
    With the console you can do things like switch switches (is that how you say that :p?), disable the SPAD Gameover, change weather and shunt around so you can couple anything together like a 101 in front of dostos, 182 in Front of IC Coaches etc..
    Even changing direction at a Terminus is possible, but requires a bit of rescreach.
    Only Thing you cant do is instructions, so say e.g. uncouple X Vehicles.

Its a whole different thing like creating scenarios with an Editor because you Play around and have to make new train formations Like irl, by shunting.

Here Is a (German) Page where it gets explained in detail https://rail-sim.de/forum/lexicon/entry/155-konsole-freischalten-und-ihre-befehle/

Last edited: May 6, 2021
  5. darkman222

darkman222 Member

Thank you. Although that was not exactly what I was looking for it is an interesting find. Fortunately I am a native German speaker and tried out what was explained on the rail sim forum :) You can do some stuff with that for sure. But not exactly what I'd call scenario creation. Thats what I was already afraid of, that you might need access to their unreal development kit / source code to create complex scenarios.
    I don't understand why they dont give the user the ability to do so. Just time tables and the 5 "real" scenarios they ship which each loco is very little to keep people interested. And people are willing to learn about scenario creation for sure. Thanks again for the answer. At least its a start :)

6. AlexKall

AlexKall New Member

I really wish there were too, for us freight enthusiasts there are a few scenarios to run and than it's over. You can make a run from point a to b with freight but no shunting etc which is what I like in combination with runs from A to B. But perhaps it's a money issue. Release what they have to do this (which seems to exist as you have third part developers) and sell less DLC copies (although I don't think that would be the case as the scenarios is a small part of a DLC). That or it's to complicated to give support for it on a broader release to the public, but a release without support would be a way to go so those that are willing to get into it can. This is what I miss most about TSW2, otherwise it is by far the best simulator out there right now as for me at least. They have done a great job with it!

7. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Train Simulator (a.k.a. Railworks) has included a scenario editor for many years and I very much doubt that DTG has suffered financially from its existence -- quite the opposite, in fact, since many of the user-made scenarios require oodles of DLC packages. There was a time when DTG tempted us with the possibility of a scenario/route editor for TSW, but for various reasons (a.k.a. excuses) the final product never appeared. Instead, the so-called, simplistic Scenario Planner came into existence. Can we still hope for a full-fledged editor? Sure -- why not, so long as we continue to breathe regularly.

• Like Like x 2