How To Delete Junction

Discussion in 'PC Editor Discussion' started by Boingleboeing, Oct 1, 2023.

1. Boingleboeing

Boingleboeing Member

Hi, doesn anyone know how you delete a junction, like you just placed one because the track laying tool went blue to connect two ribbons together but it placed a junction I only want to keep the main part of the track. Has anyone figured out how you do that yet ? ;)

2. fceschmidt

fceschmidt Well-Known Member

Afaik you can only delete the entire junction in select mode and reconnect the line manually afterwards :)

3. Boingleboeing

Boingleboeing Member

yes, but when I reconnect the line manually it re creates a junction :(:mad:

4. greggryan2

greggryan2 Active Member

I would have thought you can just delete the ribbon spur you've done wrong and the track would update to show no junction.

5. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Just accidentally posted another thread with the same issue. In TSC if you extruded a track to join another where it created a point/turnout you could click on the leg you didn't want, delete it and reweld the remaining section. In the TSW editor it only seems possible to delete the entire point which ends up leaving a gap. I cannot see a way of cleanly joining these together.

6. Boingleboeing

Boingleboeing Member

Well I don't know but sometimes not all the time, which is strange to say the least, I just delete the whole point that was created and then try re joining manually and it works. But as stated it doesn't work 100% of the time.... Other oddity, sometime saving all rebooting the editor and coming back makes it want to join again :| strange ....

7. OldVern

I will check again when back in the editor tomorrow but suspect I got something sorted through sheer trial and error. Ideally you should just be able to link two end nodes of track (providing the geometry isn't silly) same as in Trainz where you simply attach another spline to either end.

I need to go back and watch the demonstraion video see if Matt attempted this, also the crossover tool which isn't working for me either!

8. Boingleboeing

Boingleboeing Member

No in the demo video Matt didn't demonstrate this I have watched and re watched and sadly not ... :(

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  9. Lulon

Lulon Active Member

If anyone is still wondering, I found out how to delete only one track of a junction. It's actually super obvious but somehow it took so long to see.. Maybe because the button is so small.

At the top of the viewport, click on the button whose tooltip says "Toggle between ribbon and proxy selection". It will then let you select each track individually.
    upload_2023-10-7_18-35-12.png

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. OldVern

Good spot Lulon.

But this is exactly the sort of thing that should have been documented for release of the editor!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Boingleboeing

Boingleboeing Member

OH MY DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! that's what that does :love::love: :D

You are my saviour!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Boingleboeing

Boingleboeing Member

True, they could have given us a documentation, I don't care if it is like super techy or anything, but just if you are stuck look up try to figure out what it is saying and voila, instead of having to press random buttons. Don't know but maybe they give docs to their 3rd parties when they start developing or nothing either.