How To Improve The Night Headlights Effect

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by haranoroy, Nov 25, 2021.

1. haranoroy

haranoroy New Member

The night headlights effect of the tsw2 is the worst. This issue has been pointed out since TSW 2020, but it got even worse in TSW2. Even the night light itself, not the headlights, is a problem. This is especially noticeable on locomotives in the United States or Europe. DTG reduced the brightness of the headlights to increase the effect of the daytime headlights, which is a very poor solution. I doubt whether it is difficult to find the brightness of a headlight that is not brighter than the brightness of the daytime sun. You can't see anything when you turn on your headlights during the day (the headlights of cars and locomotives can only be seen in a tunnel during the day), but when you turn on your headlights at night, the front lights up.

This video is a video of a train in Korea, the country where I live.
    The model of the locomotive is GT26CW, and it is an export model of SD40-2 in the United States. So it has very bright headlights. If you watch the video (from 18:44~), the headlights illuminate the surroundings so that you can see at least 300m from inside the tunnel. And the headlights don't shine only a certain distance like the TSW2, but the light keeps moving forward. (It gradually fades.) When the locomotive runs through the tunnel and exits, the light from the headlights disappears. I wonder if it is difficult to create a natural light source in this way.

I hope DTG finds the right solution for the headlights and I'm sorry for my poor English.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 1