How To Recover From Steam Locos Stanier 8f Steam Loco 500km/h Glitch

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dath Vater 208, Jun 9, 2022.

1. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

There is a bug that, when locomotive loses grip, huge wheel slip occurs, that makes wheels speed up to 500-600km/h. Then you loose control of accelerating, since you barely have control of wheel rotation speed. Hypothetically, since it didn't occur to me with Jubilee, for passenger services, putting combined brake lever to 100% is not a problem, because of stability of Mk1s, it can be a problem for freight services, but I didn't test it (yet). So I created a procedure of recovering, when ot occurs on higher speeds (Slippy conditions increase chances of that happening. When I was driving from Crewe to Edge Hill with snow, it happened twice.) It includes stopping, but lets driver regain control:
    (NOTE:Not tested with unfitted stock, like mineral wagons, may not work with it)

1.Ensure you're ready to move steam brake via keabord/controller
    2.Set combination brake lever to 17% (This is the highest position of CB lever, where you can force steam brake lever to be at 0%)
    3.Force steam brake leaver to be at 0% via keabord/controller. Don't let it apply, until it's safe.
    4. Close small ejector (If large ejector is opened close it too.) This will make brakes apply faster.
    5. Wait for vacuum pipe gauge to show 0.
    6. Wait some time, until you'll be sure, that brakes applied on the rear of the train.
    7. If you did right 6., you it is safe to stop holding steam brake at realease position.
    8. Wait for train to stop.
    9. Wait to loco's wheels to stop rotating.
    10. Continue service.

I hope it's helpful. :) (If it is you can mark it as helpful)