PlayStation How To Use Afb And The Other Displays (ger-locs)

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Railmaster, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Railmaster

Railmaster Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

only in the BR-143 can I use the AFB sensibly, switch it on in other German Elkocs, but it doesn't work there as usual. So I can set the desired speed but have to speed up manually. Driving faster is only possible if I also set the AFB higher. In the BR-143, however, this happens automatically. How do I do it right here?

Furthermore, each loc has three displays. Some keys are assigned but I don't know what to do with them. You can also select them in the views, but you cannot operate them. Is that even possible and if so, where is it documented? What can you do with it or is it just decoration?

I have some manuals for TSW, the routes and trains but none of this is described anywhere.

Surely you know more ...:|

2. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

Regarding the AFB from the man himself there's this video.

Hope it helps

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. Railmaster

Thanks, that helps! Is it somehow clear that you have to set the throttle to 100% ... ;-)
    The autom. braking then works like this.

Ok, that makes driving freight trains easier, but it's also a bit more boring ...

The BR-143 has a combined throttle, or AFB is also switched on. With the controller of the PS4, this is a bit more uncomfortable, since you have to focus on the AFB throttle, with the right rocker you can still switch the manual throttle. So the view changes, or from the outside it doesn't work at all.

However, you should always keep in mind that the speed limits in the HUD do not necessarily correspond to the route and can sometimes come as far as 200m after 100km / h 60. The AFB reacts sluggishly here as if you were steering manually.

Ok, it works now and I understand it better.

But what about the other displays? I once saw in a video that you can make entries there. Or is that the case with the TS instead and not with the TSW?

• Like Like x 1
  4. -PjM-

-PjM- Well-Known Member

I'm not sure which locos have what displays functional but you can certainly change some of them. The best way to access them is to use the view menu and select "other views". You can zoom in on them this way. Use the cursor, R3, to then move around the buttons.

5. Railmaster

Yes, i did but i cant do anything usefully with it. Mayby only a feature from TS? Does somebody knows more?

But Ok, guess I found a workable approach here:

1. Set up the train as usual.
    2. The train has to be stoped, the brakes released.
    3. Switch to the interior view of the lower driver's console on the left.
    4. Switch from normal focus to precision focus and select AFB on. (Voice announcement!)
    5. Back to the train driver view.
    6. Set the desired speed on the AFB throttle - using the precision focus. Then set the manual Throttle to 100%.
    7. Hold the precision focus on the AFD throttle and change it using the X button.
    8. The view only needs to be adjusted slightly for this. In the exterior view, AFD control with a controller is not possible.
    9. Observe signals, speed limits can change faster than can be displayed in the HUD, or can be reacted to!
    10. Approach the stop more carefully than with manual braking, decelerate early. The final braking can take place at 10km / h and ~ 20m.

Please also post alternative procedures here. Thank you! :)