PlayStation Hrr - Does It Add To, Or Receive From, Other Routes?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Maxrom, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

I'm thinking of getting HRR, and wanted to know whether it added anything (outside of scenario builder) to any other routes in terms of timetabled services. Conversely, do any other routes add similar timetabled services to HRR?

It would be great if DTG published a matrix of what each route offered to other routes.

2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

• Helpful Helpful x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. breblimator

breblimator Guest

But not for the PS4 and XBOX!
    There will be no additional layers for consoles on release day on this route (HMA)!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

So, looking at the spreadsheet, as I also own MSB, it looks like HRR gets a layer from MSB, but MSB gets nothing from HRR. Am I reading that right?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Yeah, that's a shame for HMA, but hopefully soon they can sort something. Having MSB traffic on Koln Aachen is nice to see.

• Like Like x 2
  7. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Yep, that direction :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. mclitke

mclitke Well-Known Member

Which is nice for the HRR route, compared to other German routes I find it to be quite busy in this game which is nice.

Maybe we can get the 425 on MSB and the ice on HRR in the future.

9. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

We need working Destination boards for all Trains and Routes.
    Because the 425 has only Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr destination boards

10. mclitke

Well they already said that they are trying out new things, so that in the future maybe the trains get all information from the route that from the train itself. This would mean each train has the destinations for the route that you are using it on.
    But again, this was mentioned as a possibility for the future, nothing that you should expect soon. Just know that it is being investigated.

11. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

I've just seen this video for RRO on TSW 2020. Starting from about 15:15 there's mention that MSB and RSN will both add new route layers to RRO. I don't see that on the spreadsheet. Is this something that needs adding to the spreadsheet, or is the situation different now for TSW 2? Maybe nobody really knows until it comes out tomorrow as part of the preserved collection, but just thought I'd ask.

• Like Like x 1
  12. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It does not follow from the description of the products. I don't have RSO (waiting for preservation). I would like to buy, but DTG cannot answer my simple price question. You may be right. I will check it on Thursday I hope :)

The great TSW-wiki is also imprecise. General rule: I didn't check if I wasn't sure.

From this, you can draw conclusions similar to yours!

[​IMG]

PS Matt dispels the doubts in the film.
    +1

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2020
  13. breblimator

breblimator Guest

There are 160 services in the Steam product description, more in the picture, so... thinking logically :) I have marked it in the table. Thanks for the valuable lead!

UPDATE

I changed the spreadsheet a little to a better look at it. The conclusions are this: at release day, a route draws on some other routes already released, but never adds anything to previously released routes. Twisted, logical, yeah... :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  14. mclitke

This is where the preservation crew can potentially do us nice in the future ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

But wouldn't that mean that the MSB preserved route would not of added anything to SKA, when in fact it did?

16. breblimator

breblimator Guest

SKA does not add anything retrospectively, including to the MSB - as in the table

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  17. mattdsoares

mattdsoares Well-Known Member

The destination board system they built for the new Munchen-Augsburg route is the basis for their plans to continue to build out a PIS and destination display system that can adapt to any route and any loco. Previously in TSW and TS20xx, the destinations were programmed into the train itself based on the route is had scenarios created by DTG and partners for. Matt has talked a couple times including last night's streams about the system they're building being able to move away from possible destinations residing on the train and instead residing on the route, which would allow you to use any stock on any route and always have automatically correct PIS and destination information. They're not there yet, but given the extent and frequency Matt has talked about it, it's obviously a priority.

18. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I mean this Destination Board RE11 Dortmund Hbf, that all preserved Locos and Trains has the correct one for every route 778E88C2-5B8B-42BC-9BB6-DE139158BFBF.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  19. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It went quickly - do you live at this station? :D Such a joke, yhyhy. Great pic!

20. DB628

DB628 Well-Known Member

I live on Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr in Bochum so I know this route and the Locos Perfect.
    I also met the Brandnew ICE 4
    A26F505D-9D05-4DF0-835B-C1EC6D670632.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  21. Maxrom

Maxrom Active Member

Just want to say thank you breblimator for your work updating the spreadsheet yesterday - good job!

• Like Like x 1
  22. breblimator

breblimator Guest

Thank you for your kind words. Pedantic, obsessive-compulsive disorder... :)
    Here I am! I just wanted to stuff it on "one sheet". Today I will update the red fields - RRO, HMA. Have a nice day!

• Like Like x 3
  23. mclitke

Your contribution shall not go unnoticed!

• Like Like x 2
  24. breblimator

breblimator Guest

updated

• Like Like x 1