Xbox Hrr - Level Crossing At Km140.1 Is Obnoxiously Loud

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by FD1003, May 31, 2022.

1. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

As the title says, the level crossing at km140.1 on HRR is very loud and audible from ~km142.1, about 2km before the level crossing itself, going on the outside view it almost manages to overpower much of the noises around the area.

The crossing at km138.7 is better, because at km138.6 the noise is completely gone - and I don't think it's because the gates opened, although I haven't checked myself. Ironically you can hear the the km140.1 crossing from very close to the next crossing, so you get overlapping sounds (between the two crossings) until ~km139.0

Makes that part of the route very annoying, particularly on the S1 services which stops near enough the crossing so that you can hear it all the time.

From my real life experience I've only heard crossings from inside a train while I passed right next to it for about 1 second, so this doesn't make much sense, particularly considering how quiet and isolated the BR422 cab seems to be given that there are basically no running sounds.

https://www.twitch.tv/fd1003/v/1314216358?sr=a&t=346s you can see it from here. [O/T apologies for my bad driving]

I have just sent a ticket... even though I know it's a waste of time.

Last edited: May 31, 2022
  2. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

Thanks for this thread. I just drove a 425 service on HRR after the update and couldn't for the life of me figure out where that beeping was coming from....figured at first it was some kind of new safety feature added :)

• Like Like x 2