PlayStation Hsc Intermodal Train Weights

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by pveezy, Apr 13, 2022.

1. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

I’m actually not sure if this is a bug or intentional for some reason…

To me the intermodal trains in HSC seem quite light… I had no trouble climbing even the 2% grade at track speed with a 74 car intermodal. Granted there were 2 locos at front and 2 at rear which is a lot of HP, but the weight of the train was only 2653t too. A 2653t train with 74 cars makes these containers much lighter than the container trains in SPG and SMH. Almost as if every container on every intermodal train is empty. I’ve checked I think every intermodal service in timetable and they all seem to be 74 cars and 2653t. A train that light wouldn’t even need pushers, just the 2 ES44s up front give it like 3hp per ton, with the pushers it’s like 6hp per ton . That’s a rocketship.

I did some math in another thread: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/intermodal-containers-in-us-freight.53854/

I am no railroad expert so I don’t know what the average intermodal train weighs on that route but it’s just something I noticed when climbing the hill with one. Having them too light with too much HP takes a lot of the fun out of managing a freight train.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2022