PC Huge Complaints About M3's Sound System. Why Did You Let Us Down So Hard Here?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gabe_1.0, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

There are a number of concerned over the audio quality of the M3 DLC. Much of it is either recycled or not from the real thing at all. To give you an idea:

NYCTARailfan said: I grew up riding the M3s and really wanted to like this but unfortunately i just can\'t with all the issues. Just to list a few:
    Horn, Headlights, Door Motor Sounds, Door control issues and many more.

Horn: the horn is recycled from the M7 which has a completely different sound
    Headlights: On the REAL M3 the Upper and Lower Headlights are both ON In Bright and Dim modes in the GAME when you select Dim the Upper Headlights turn OFF

Door Motor Sounds: The M3 door motors do NOT make an sound but in the Game they reused the M7 door engine sound

Door Control: In the real M3 the doors can be operated as long as the master controller is not in a power positions not in the game. you need to be in at least brake 4 to open or close the doors.
    -------
    But that's not all. There are genuine people on the reviews which explained that everything is pretty dam nice but then it comes the audio side of things. I plan to get this M3 unit because here in Brisbane, we have similar thing going on. New and old EMUs combined do passenger runs up and down various lines so seeing old and new here in LIRR would be ideal. But now I have to put this on hold.

2. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

It does show the difference between instances where they have firsthand access to a train, to record sounds and check exactly how each function works, and instances where they don’t, as with the M3. People have been asking for extra content for the LIRR but if DTG waited until they had access to an M3 to ensure everything was perfect then it would never have been released, as access to one would never have happened.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

That's understandable, but I suppose you don't need to see the real thing to know that you can hear the horn louder with the window open, not quiter. Or the weird audio issue with the HVAC or whatever is making that constant compressor like noise. It's not only too loud in my opinion (you can barely hear the rest of the train running), but also buggy when moving past another M3.

Also other small issues like the see-through toilet compartment, the door control key working the other way around, the buggy hitbox for the gangway door between two carriages and such, are examples that this lovely little thing just didn't get enough attention and testing. There are more, and even though these are all small things, combined they really give a buggy, unfinished feeling to the M3, which is just not up to standards.

4. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Not everything can be fixed before release. It’ll get a patch possibly with the next DLC release.

5. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

If the M3 is not just simply dumped into the store as is and there is some confirmation further patches will be pushed out based on user testing and feeback I would be happy to buy it. It's very unique and classic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yerolo

Yerolo Well-Known Member

The fact that Louis-MTA NYCTA went so silent after the M3 release speaks volumes. I'm sure we all remember how hyped he was before it's release....

His silence implied he was quite disappointed with it, I really felt bad for him tbh

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dinosbacsi

Dinosbacsi Well-Known Member

Or he is silent because he's budy constantly driving it, lol. Even with it's issues it's still a lovely train and I also find myself driving it like 5 times a day. Just wish they would fix the issues.

• Like Like x 1