Hungarian Routes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by [©][adidas] cнээкi вяээкi, Feb 15, 2018.

1. [©][adidas] cнээкi вяээкi

[©][adidas] cнээкi вяээкi New Member

Adding Hungarian routes would be an amazing step forward in Train Sim World's development, as it would be something familiar from the European setting, yet different because of the mix of old and new locomotives still in use to this day, some even around 50 years old. There are also 4 major operators in Hungary (MÁV, GySEV, Railjet, and Railcargo Hungária) and the implementation of them all would create a feeling of diversity and openness in the world as we are not restricted to one operator as we see in the vast majority of of previous Train Simulator 2018 expansions. The scenic views of the Hungarian railroad includes the dense urban districts of Budapest and other major cities, endless plains and farmlands, rural towns and villages, and the summer holiday towns along the southern shore of lake Balaton.

The routes I would love to see implemented are:

-Budapest southern (and/or Budapest eastern) station to Balatonszentgyörgy, which will take the player through greatly varying areas of Budapest's dense southern districts, high speed straights past golden fields of wheat, through the beautiful city of Székesfehérvár, and then onto the previously mentioned rural holiday towns on the southern shore of lake Balaton. This journey can take approximately 1.5 hours (Note: starting at the eastern station would have us cross over the Danube and join the line line at a station called Kelenföld)

-Budapest to Szeged, a route I have been on countless times. Starting at the beautiful Budapest western station, we are taken south east through the very dense eastern urban districts of Budapest, then past the airport station, and through many rural towns until the next major city, Cegléd, where the route branches off south onto a single track through farmland and plains, and then reaching the next major city of Kecskemét, still heading south through the countryside and finally ending up in Szeged. This trip takes at least 2 hours

Finally here is a map of Hungary's railroad network. Thank you for taking the time to read this :) map.PNG

• Like Like x 5
  2. Th3Fl4mIng

Th3Fl4mIng Member

Absolutely support your idea, also from a personal view. I'd LOVE to see some routes in my home country getting implemented.
    Would be totally fine if they'd make the railjet one or just a part of it (although it would likely start in München or Wien and not go to Budapest Keleti since the route is too long but who knows) , since it's the one which is the easiest to create.
    Unfortunately I'm quite sure that routes in Hungary are not at the top of their list so we have to hope for some content developers out there to make this dream come true, once DTG make it possible for other companys to develop routes/locos in TSW.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Jeannot41

Jeannot41 Well-Known Member

Excellent idea.
    I live in France and I do not know, or very little, the railway networks of Europe.
    This would allow to know these regions where it is good to live there.

• Like Like x 1