Hungarian State Railways: Budapest - Hegyeshalom - Rajka Railway Line ( Máv & Gysev 1 Line )

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by markalesso, Dec 27, 2020.

1. markalesso

markalesso Member

Hey guys! I would like to share a new route. Probably it's gonna be a long one but I think everyone agrees with that TSW needs longer routes. So let's see the plan:

• The Budapest-Hegyeshalom-Rajka railway is one of the most important railway line of Hungary. The line is referred to in the hungarian timetable as the MÁV and GYSEV 1 line in the Budapest-Hegyeshalom-Rajka section. It's length is 191 km. The maximum permitted speed is between Kelenföld and Budaörs stations it's 120 km/h, between Budaörs and Tata stations it's 140 km/h, and between Tata and Hegyeshalom stations it's 160 km/h. In the line, the inland passenger trains are running hourly as cadenced timetable, furthermore we can meet with fast trains-->(between Budapest-Keleti - Hegyeshalom) as well. There are inland and international InterCity/EuroCity/EuroNight/Railjet trains too which are running per 2 hours. Besides the passenger and freight traffic, this line(the Budapest-Hegyeshalom-Rajka railway line) is really famous for it's international connection as well, because this main line not just Wien, Bratislava and North Austria, but Switzerland, Germany and the whole western european railway's fundamental track.
    Here you can see a map about the track(highlighted red line):
    [​IMG]

Let's see some important stations which can be found here:
    • Budapest-Déli Railway Station (only for passenger services)
    [​IMG]
    • Budapest-Keleti Railway Station (only for passenger services)
    [​IMG]
    • Ferencváros (it's excellent for freight services)
    [​IMG]

• Budapest-Kelenföld (it's excellent for freight services)
    [​IMG]

• Tatabánya
    [​IMG]
    • Komárom
    [​IMG]
    • Győr (it's both for passenger and freight services)
    [​IMG]
    • Hegyeshalom (it's both for passenger and freight services)
    [​IMG]
    • Rajka (it's both for passenger and freight services)
    [​IMG]

• List of trains:
    • ÖBB Railjet [1116-] (current path: Budapest-Keleti - Győr - Hegyeshalom - Wien Hbf - Linz Hbf - Salzburg Hbf - Munchen Hbf (- Augsburg - Stuttgart - Frankfurt))[​IMG]
    • Bombardier Talent [425-] (current path: Győr - Rajka and Győr - Hegyeshalom)[​IMG]
    • Stadler FLIRT [415-] (current path: Budapest-Déli - Győr)[​IMG]
    • MÁV Taurus [470-] (this loco is for fast,intercity,eurocity,euronight trains, most of them are equipped with stickers)
    • [​IMG]
    • ÖBB Taurus [1116-] (this one is for fast,intercity,eurocity,euronight and it's also great for freight services)
    • [​IMG]
    • MÁV Bombardier TRAXX [480-] (this loco is for fast,intercity,eurocity,euronight trains, most of them are also equipped with stickers)[​IMG]
    • GYSEV Class V43 electric locomotive [430-] (this loco would be perfect for freight services) - It's nickname is "Szili" or "Szellem"(Ghost) because it has silicon semiconductor. The significant thing is that the first seven locomotives was made in Germany in Essen. This loco is one of the most important of Hungary's railway history.[​IMG]
    • MÁV Class V63 electric locomotive [630-] (this loco would be perfect for freight services) - The MÁV Class V63 series are made by Ganz for MÁV to haul heavy freight and passenger trains with high tractive effort. This is the most powerful type of locomotive that have been made in Hungary. No wonder that it's nickname is "Gigant". My favourite locomotive.[​IMG]
    • MMV Vectron [193-] (this loco would be perfect for freight services)[​IMG]
    • ŽSSK 240 Laminatka (this loco would be perfect for freight services)[​IMG]

• Railway carriages:
    • Here you can see a video about the route from 2013: (Budapest-Keleti - Hegyeshalom)
    In conclusion, please consider this one, I know it's a long route and it takes a lot of time to work on it but it worth while I am sure! As I mentioned before, everybody knows that TSW needs longer routes and this one is a great opportunity to start a project. Also creating a hungarian route would be an amazing step forward in Train Sim World's development.

Best regards,
    Mark​

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 8