Hybrid Control Scheme

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Rush, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Rush

Rush Member

So I posted this in the Xbox discussion, but I thought it might also be more appropriate here as well.

With the new Immersion Control scheme out for consoles, I find myself caught between the 2 schemes. While zoom was something I really wanted for TSW2020, I feel a little too much was compromised with the new control scheme so here are some thoughts that I think could be a Hybrid of the 2 in order to get the best of what people are liking about both right now. For these suggestions, the basis is the Classic layout, but with the features that seem to be liked about the Immersion controls.

Hybrid Control Scheme
    -Clicking the right stick zooms (instead of the precision control) so I still have control of the reverser with the left stick

-Clicking and holding the right stick switches automatically (no radial menu) between external and internal view

-Clicking the right stick once in external view would switch between all the “classic” external camera views.

-I’d still prefer to have the 2 modes (driver/camera) in external as well by pressing Y or Triangle so that way I don’t lose so much of the camera functionality like being able to easily move the camera vertically.

-Wipers and Headlights can just be activated in the cab which would still allow left and right on the D-pad to be the door controls. This would also allow up on the D-pad to remain the bell toggle (Since reverser would now be controlled by the left stick again) because doing sand patch grade (or any American freight loco for that matter) and not being able to toggle the bell off after using the horn quickly is somewhat annoying. Down on the D-pad could go back to being assigned as the E-brake again as well.

All other functions not mentioned would remain the same as they are with the Classic control scheme

Edit: made more of a list rather than a continuous paragraph

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020