I Accidently Deleted My In-game Account Over Level 200

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Horizelux, May 11, 2021.

1. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

Hi. Recently I installed some scenarios from the community and placed them into the respective folders. Then, I accidently deleted everything from the savedgames folder and thought it wasn't a big deal. After that terrible move, I closed it and logged back on to TSW2 only to find out that my in game account which was well above lvl 200 was gone. I had to start TSW2 from scratch where it asks me to pick SPG, BKL or SKA.

I still have the flies that I've deleted in my recycling bin, and I'm very, very bad about handling with these files and just PC stuff in general. I dont want to start all over again, and that too after more than 300 hours of driving trains.

I tried putting all the flies back into the respective folder but still nothing. It would make my day if someone could help me with my dumb, silly move.

Thank you, have an awesome day

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

If you open up the Recycle Bin highlight all the files and right click and select restore that should fix your problem.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Horizelux

I tried, and when I start TSW2 it asks me to create a new account. Anyway, thanks for the help, I've learnt my lesson: Never mess with something if you don't know what's gonna happen! :(

4. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that did not work, it's funny how we always have to learn things the hard way. Then we promise ourselves we will never do it again, but we all know the history can often have a nasty habit of repeating itself.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Horizelux

Lol you couldn't be more right! Anyway, thanks a lot for the help, have a great day. Cheers!

• Like Like x 2
  6. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

You tried the shadow copies (previous version when right-clicking->properties on Documents\My Games\TrainSimWorld2)? Maybe you are lucky since it is usually activated for the system volume (C:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mr JMB

Mr JMB Well-Known Member

I think that if you had restored them before running TSW2 you would probably have been ok, but because you ran it and it didn't see anything it started a new profile for you. Presumably the saved game folder already has some items in it now? The only thing I can think of is moving those files elsewhere and then restoring the original files from the recycling bin.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Maybe a good place to remind you that the program ToolkitForTSW has an option to make a backup of your save area. Very easy, a few mouse clicks. Restoring your data is a simple as making a backup.

In the next version of ToolkitForTSW you will find some improvements to make it work even better.

Download ToolkitForTSW here:

https://www.hollandhiking.nl/trainsimulator

Please be aware this program is donationware, but there are no restrictions if you forget to support the program.

Backup tool.jpg

• Like Like x 3