I Bought Train Simulator On A Whim...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by JFH, Feb 20, 2018.

1. JFH

JFH Member

...and I regret everything I want a refund! ...and although I'm ashamed about how much money I've spent on this game, damn it's worth it.

The title is true though. Saw the game on Steam and was on the fence about buying it at the time. Then as soon as the words 'South Wales Coastal' showed up (that's my local line), I was instantly sold. Not going to lie, I've had a thing for trains since I was a kid. Then it died off for a bit while I was in University and now it's come back to be a metaphorical rock for me while I'm dealing with some personal problems at home.

I've admittedly dropped a few hundred £ on DLC for this game (both from Steam and third parties), all UK stuff. I like my scenarios to be as accurate as possible (I may have a problem. ;))

But enough about what I think of TS, let's talk about me. Like I said, going through some personal problems in real life so I'm trying to get back into work and TS provides great ways to kill those hours. From time to time I upload small videos to YouTube of TS, nothing special, just little things that help me fill the hours. To date (19/2/18), I've uploaded:
    • A 'drivers eye view' from Newport to Cardiff in the Arriva locomotive set.
    • A trainspotting type video at London Paddington with the Night Riviera.
    • Another transpotting video at Chester which a few custom reskins and third party content. (Another reason this game rocks, some 3rd party content is amazing.)
    I hate to shamelessly plug, but here's a link to my channel in case anyone is interested. I upload as and when so you'll have to bear with me on that one.

I'll also leave a screenshot of my latest scenario I've finished.
    20180220031548_1.jpg

Finally (and I probably should have said this first), hi. :D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Farmer_C

Farmer_C Well-Known Member

My experience is that the best buys in life are made on a whim. Congrats for the excellent purchase and welcome to the DTG forum JFH. Good to have you here on board with us.

I had never been keen on making game related videos, until I bought TS, which gave me a whole new inspiration to test my skills in video making and editing. To this end I established my own YouTube channel, which now features about 10+ videos.

What's the name of your YouTube channel? Would be nice to check out those videos that you mentioned in your comment.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JFH

JFH Member

There was a link in the original post if you clicked on the word 'link', but here's the full link anyway: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCThTaFsXP0zcX5N6Sxo58-w

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JFH

JFH Member

I'd say if it kills time, it's probably a hobby. Although admittedly it feels like an addiction at some points. ;)

• Like Like x 2