Fishing Sim World I Can't Win Offline Bass Tourney At Boulder

Discussion in 'Xbox' started by jamie_collingwood, Feb 14, 2020.

1. jamie_collingwood

jamie_collingwood New Member

Boulder lake is seriously broken. I have spent 8k in TP trying to win the offline tournament and its utter nonsense. Most times I can't even come close to catching the leader.

I have spent 12 hours of practice looking for Bass specific locations on this lake. The problem is, even when I find them in practice in similar weather and temp conditions, as soon as I go back to the spot for the tournament I get, Pike, Walleye, Garr, Muskey. Why are Muskey and Walley hitting my lure in 4ft of water??? These are deep water fish. The occasional pike I can see but this is silly.

Of course in practice I get bass after bass.

This lake needs fixed:
    1. Take it out of bass tourney rotation
    2. Make it the last tournement if you want it to be so challenging
    3. Adjust the NPCs bags. There is no way in h3ll they are pulling out 28 lbs of bass in 20 minutes. None of the NPCs seem to be running into the issue of predators if that is the case.

Anyways, I am done with the offline tourneys until its fixed. Guess I have grind TP in pro tourneys.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tugboat

tugboat New Member

I just bought the game a few weeks ago for xbox1 x and love it. However, i can win or come close to every other tourney in Elite Series .
    I get last place on Boulder every time rarely catching a bass . I prefish for 3-4 hours each time before I start it. Catch them in practice .
    I live in Upstate NY , this shouldn't happen. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  3. jamie_collingwood

Yeah, just tried again today and no matter what I try I can't win this tournament. Truly done with it now.

4. tugboat

tugboat New Member

I won this last night. I found a spot in 60+ foot next to a island type boulder . I used deep dive crankbait (sunset) and top water spook . I only had 12lbs 12 ounce day 1 . Day 2 my spots turned on day 3 same . I won by only a pound or so , but hey. Hope this gives you hope .

5. jamie_collingwood

If you have 2 rounds you are doing the career tourney then right?

i usually dont have a problem in that one either because it is afternoon and the bass seem much more plentiful.

the offline tourney however is in the morning and its 45 degrees. Bass are impossible to find. When you do get a hit its a predator. All my spots I usually use for bass on Boulder are worthless.

if you get a chance try your spot in the offline tourney (you will need to qualify first with a quick 20 minute game... its easy) and let me know if it worked

• Like Like x 1
  6. Doupster

Doupster New Member

I'm brand new to the forums and pretty new to the game in general and Boulder is the one lake that I hate to see. Like jump up and down and stab myself in the eye with a fresh, hot and salty french fry level of hate.

I finally won the tourney with 30+ lbs using the 2.5" Rat-L-Trap Gizzard Shad on 10 lb line.

I went to the boat dock in the top/center of the map, pulled out 3-5 yard and made a hard left to line up with the boat ramp so I was staring at the headlights and drivers side of the truck. I lined up my cast to the far right side of the muck starting as far back as I could land it (about 1' of water) and was reeling in at the speed setting of 2. After catching 5 ~5 lb bass, I also had some luck with the D Stroyer Watermelon "Red" on 30 lb line and was able to bring my total up to just over 32 pounds total.

7. TommyLee

TommyLee New Member

I have been at this tournament for a good 2 weeks. I have gotten up to just shy of 26 lbs but no matter what...the noc players get more than me every time, no matter what I catch...if I only catch 15 lbs..they hit 20 and so on. It feels like I'm being cheated. It's bad enough dealing with hackers.. but when you do offline tournaments and you still get cheated...its enough to make not want to play. Please fix this, I really do enjoy the game, just not the part where you take hard earned tp and flush it down the toilet.

8. jeffb

jeffb New Member

I had the same issues and couldn’t keep predator fish off my lines. The trick to this lake is finding pockets with medium size boulders in and/ or around grass. Bluegill buzzbait will get the fish active. They or may not hit it, but will at least follow it up. If you can’t get them to hit it, follow up with soft plastics twitching a lot. You can thank me later. Only draw back is most of my hooksets are poor due to the twitching of the lure.

9. killerpenguin82

killerpenguin82 New Member

I'm having the same issue with the carp offline tournament, i thought i was being paranoid at first but i'm thinking they are designed to make you lose at least the first so many. The last few I have entered I have lost due to my casts being out of bounds despite them being in the same place all game.

10. l.delucia

l.delucia New Member

Same here! It's absolutely absurd! Makes me not want to play the game.... You're supposed to make your customers happy Dovetail, not abandon your product!
    Why is Lake Boulder offline so rediculous?