I Get The Feeling That Something Big Is Missing Around Pawtucket

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by WonterRail, Sep 22, 2021.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

Now I've just put up a report about all the scenery issues on Boston Sprinter, but I also wanted to make a separate post about something else that I have noticed for a while now. I'm going to place it here because this is not really an major issue like poor scenery placement, but rather something that has been bothering me ever since I first saw the first preview stream for this route and that is regarding an area just north of Pawtucket Yard.

Now let me ask this, what's missing for this shot here?:
    [​IMG]
    Anyone like to guess????

Maybe I should show you this image for additional context:
    [​IMG]
    This is the old Pawtucket/Central Falls station that is located just north of the Pawtucket yard and suppose to be located on the sight that I have just showed you. It opened in 1916 by the New York, New Haven and Hartford Railroad as a replacement for two separate stations in this area and while the station building closed in 1959, it continued to serve passenger trains with passengers accessing the station via stairways located on Barton Street, before the station completely closed in 1981.

Now I know that a new station is being built not too far away from here, but as far as I'm aware, the old station building is still there to this day, so to see it not represented in TSW2 just leaves the impression that something big is missing in not only this spot, but also as a recognisable sight when driving in and out of Providence and consider the odd placement of the catenary around this spot, I get the feeling that this building was suppose to be here, but DTG didn't get enough time to complete the building and so left it out.

Maybe it will add via a later update (who knows), but like I said, this part of the route doesn't feel complete without this quite recognisable building when coming in and out of Providence.

Image Source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pawtucket/Central_Falls_station

• Like Like x 7
  2. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

It’s weird such a landmark was left off the route.

• Like Like x 3
  3. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Little late to this party, you’re absolutely right it was missed and Matt acknowledged it in a stream I think. I have a feeling it wasn’t getting added retrospectively perhaps until Adam’s team do a preservation swoop on it in future

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

It's a pretty detailed artifact to place post release. I seriously doubt that we will see this old landmark added in the future. Same with the cruise control, although I do expect Brandon's catenary and maybe some improvements to the signaling and ACSES functionality to come at some point.

• Like Like x 2
  5. breblimator

breblimator Guest

maybe it's better not to be interested :D

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1