I Know It's Probably A Bad Time To Ask For This But I Will, Russian Dlc

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

I keep coming across content from Trainz t hat's Russian. I just have a thing for Russian locomotives, trains, scenery. It's just awesome. The old cranky diesel engines roaring to life with extremely detailed exteriors and parts but basically any locomotive, wagon or component on a Russian locomotive is photo-real. Then you throw in the scenery, and the rest of it. It's a super wow factor. Where is a developer that is willing to put Russia on the Map finally?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

I think at this current moment no developer would be willing to develop a route in Russia. To me you almost asking for trouble and chaos to deal with

3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

If that were to be done they might do something like Ussyurisk Vladivostok 141km 88mi. 2ES5K twin section 25kv is the mixed traffic locomotive like a DR BR243 on Nahverkehr Dresden Ruhr-Sieg Nord Tharandter Rampe routes. Because it has enough power to pull double decker sleeping coaches. Otherwise Double EP1 EP1M VL65s for these trains. Passenger EP1
    Freight VL85

• Like Like x 1
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

It would be corporate suicide to even talk about doing a Russian route right now, youve more chance of seeing a North Korean route.

• Like Like x 3
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For a North Korean route Rajin Tumangan-Khasan Russia can work. You actually get an East German DR BR120 M62 in North Korean Red Russian Green paint. That M62 locomotive in the Deutsche Reichsbahn DDR Red Paints fits Dresden Chemnitz and Riesa-Dresden Legends of the GDR pack.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

There are actually some quite hellfire electrified narrow gauge routes in NK, but I can't quite see the imperious leader agreeing a visa for DTG to visit.

As regards Russia, sadly despite the many interesting railways and motive power, it doesn't seem to have been on DTG's radar previously and now almost certainly never will. Enjoy what you can find in MSTS (Open Rails) and Trainz while it's still there.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

Not gonna happen right now , unless dtg really want to go out to Russia , which I suspect they probably don’t .

8. Gabe_1.0

Ah so probably a bad time then. I obviously had in mind a 3rd party dev to get all the stuff put togheter which is already familiar with everything and has acess to resources locally, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Bravo2six

Bravo2six Well-Known Member

Look at SCS who do Eurotruck, they had a russian map ready to launch right when this all kicked off and they have shelved it, taking a huge financial hit. But would rather collapse than touch russian stuff atm

• Like Like x 1
  10. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

And they are working on an Balkan dlc right now

• Like Like x 1
  11. trainsimgaming1001

trainsimgaming1001 Well-Known Member

All I know is, without getting political, given the situation with r*ssia, a R*ssian route will (probably) not happen for a loooong time. More chances of getting the Pyongyang Metro at this point.

12. Purno

Purno Well-Known Member

Understandable, but unfortunate. I was looking forward to a drive through Russian scenery.

As for TSW, any Russian (or east-European) route was never a likely candidate, but with current events, now would possibly the worst time to even attempt making a Russian route. Aside from the bad PR which would likely affect sales bad enough, I wonder if they can even sell copies to Russians with all the economic sanctions in place.

13. Gabe_1.0

Vk.com features Train Sim World 2 in Russian and various screenshots. It's pretty active there two.