Xbox I Need Some Help Regarding Tsw3

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dath Vater 208, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Dath Vater 208

Dath Vater 208 Active Member

TSW3 was realesed on 6th September. New german route that seems intewresting to me, Bremen-Oldenburg is going to be realesed on 6th December. I havent bought TSW3 yet, because of it's bugs etc. I have a question to players that have TSW3 already. Has TSW3 gotten better? I mean in terms of playability. Are there any serious bugs that make game entirely unplayable? How is performance on 8th gen? I'm on Xbox One. Standard Edition is like 189,99 PLN on MS Store. It's a bit expensive, so I wouldn't like to run into situation, where I buy it and keeps crashing. Thank you for your help :).

2. TSW Nathan

TSW Nathan Well-Known Member

Everything looks and sounds better but there is still the same bugs and glitches as before if not more. So there is pros and cons on buying it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I can’t comment on an Xbox one I play on a series x. Dtg says tsw3 plays just as tsw2 did on Xbox series x. My experience … I play the game nearly every day and own almost every route and loco add on they’ve made … supports exactly that statement.

there are some bugs but nothing serious. If anything tsw3 has gotten better since launch. Save game is back and better than it was. Dtg is fixing problems.

• Like Like x 3
  4. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Xbox 1 is showing its age and you will be missing out on additional layers, ai and static stock placed on the map. You don't get longer consists. Like hma, sos, and now the new german route (bro). Performance isn't the best out there since the console is quite old now, but it still runs. You are more prone to more crashing simply cuz older console and memory and other limitations. It still runs tsw fine, but at the same time, I don't play on console so I don't know the details.

There are issues, some that prevent you from playing the game. There are still red light issues, possible derails and the usual save game issues. A lot of the tsw2 routes that ported into tsw3 got their own problems as well. For example, certain tutorials can't be finished cuz of red lights, stop marker disappears, stuck on an objective, etc. There's also immersion breaking issues, but that depends on what you consider immersion breaking and thus game breaking.

The dostos for rapid transit that came with the 182 doesn't work, but every other dosto does, so if you do any services with the 182 dosto in journey mode or timetable mode or scenarios, you can't complete them.

Peninsula corridor is missing the baby bullet cab car services and the only way to play them is to spawn on foot and I've read that many people have a lot of crashes on this route that weren't there before.

There are still spads on steam caused by the rogue ai train based on what i've read in the forums.

Every route is different. Some routes perform better than others and some I never touched cuz of the fear that I might not be able to finish the service.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Has TSW3 got better? I don't think it has ever been too bad and I haven't ran into any trouble with it so it hasn't got better but it wasn't bad in the first place and I can honestly recommend it to you. BCC is a very high quality DLC which I hope can be taken into the future.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. StrikeEagle78

StrikeEagle78 Well-Known Member

Save your money. Wait another 6 months to a year and keep an eye on the forums to see if things improve. You'll be happier with money saved rather than disappointed with money lost. Another option is to get Gamepass for a month to try it out. If it runs like trash in your opinion, then you've only lost minimal cost.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TSW Nathan

I agree. Bcc is a very good dlc and you'll be missing out if you don't buy it. Lots of detail and quality on that route. That's how it should be done for every route! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

100% agree mate.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dath Vater 208

Thank you, I will hold myself for a bit. (I was going to hold myself at least until Xmas anyway). In terms of steam, that rogue services are those coming off Livepool Turntable, as I found out: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/i-found-cause-of-sos-random-spads.57197/

• Like Like x 2
  10. Dath Vater 208

I think Bremen-Oldenburg wil be better for me. (Tomorrow is preview stream). First I need TSW3 anyway and that's why I created this thread. Thanks for your opinion, maybe I'll get BCC at some point if I'll get interested :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

I haven’t read or heard whether the Bremen route is also available as a Starter Pack (it isn’t mentioned in the article) but if not, and you are not bothered about the original TSW3 routes, then I can recommend buying BCC as a starter pack as this will get you the TSW3 base game and the excellent BCC DLC.

12. nepclassof84

nepclassof84 Well-Known Member

I think I read from JD that Bremen would not be a starter pack.

13. rennekton#1349

You are correct

14. TSW Nathan

Okay

15. Dath Vater 208

Thank you for advice, but if I'll choose a starter pack, that would be probably SEHS or Kassel-Wurzburg one

• Like Like x 1
  16. rennekton#1349

If you want both sehs and kassel, just get the standard edition honestly. You would be getting a 3 for 1. 3 routes at the cost of 1 dlc. Cuz if you buy separately, it's more expensive. Even if you don't play cajon, still worth the price. But if you're only going to get one, then get the regional starter pack you want

17. Dath Vater 208

That is my plan. Honestly, iirc Cajon has different lenght services in terms of time, so maybe this will be actually good. Standard edition also help to buy full "TSW3 loco bundle"