I Regret Getting Hauptstrecke München To Augsburg This Evening...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by subwayvaughn, Oct 23, 2020.

1. subwayvaughn

subwayvaughn Active Member

Because I still have to get up early and go to work tomorrow morning!

It's way past my bedtime but this route is so enjoyable its worth the fatigue I will experience tomorrow. Well done DTG.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 52
  2. ASRGT

ASRGT Well-Known Member

It really is the most feature complete and compelling DLC DTG have produced.
    the EMUs, the landscape the sound the detail level it really is special and is the first time since TSW release where id say it finial delivers on what TSW was meant to bring.
    Love it have been playing non stop since release, my eyes are falling out of my head and I simply don't care.
    Brilliant effort DTG it might be your most ambitious route but its also your finest.

• Like Like x 15
  3. zawal.belili

zawal.belili Guest

A reference on TSW2 for sure
    This line is really the best so far, it is well worth the 30euro I paid, I do not regret my purchase at all, on the contrary.
    The only complaint I can make is the micro lag when loading tiles.
    DTG you did very hard, really well played, thank you for this great line on TSW2
    I wish all the lines to come were as good as this one.

• Like Like x 2
  4. fanta1682002

fanta1682002 Well-Known Member

yes is very good route

• Like Like x 2
  5. Alexandra

Alexandra Active Member

This line is really superb and I too have totally wrecked my schedule because München - Augsburg is so great. I've kept telling myself, "Just one more service and then I'll take a break."

Thank you DTG -- you've come a long, long way and I'm grateful!

• Like Like x 5
  6. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

This is the first DTG add on for TSW2 and it’s really something special. They have done a really fantastic job with the environment and all the objects from the very unique shapes of the buildings to the giant red construction cranes. The surroundings make this in my opinion the most detailed and impressive route to date. Even just the sheer amount of track and environment is a very nice thing. I haven’t had a chance to try all the scenarios but going through the list and reading the descriptions it seems like they really nailed what we have been wanting for a long time from them, ALL of them seem to have something interesting happen in each one whether it’s breakdowns or track closures. I am very pleased with this route. This being the first DTG add on for TSW2 it has me really excited to see what they have in store for us down the line. I also was impressed with how much content they dropped between the new route and the preserved collection. All around I’m very happy!

• Like Like x 7
  7. KyleL

KyleL Well-Known Member

I just love how this thread got 21 likes lol :D

I might be getting HMA when the layers are out but then again I might buy it in a week

8. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

All these positive threads are making saving money really difficult! Very glad to hear such praise so early after a route release.

• Like Like x 6
  9. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

It's a pleasure to see you enjoying it.

• Like Like x 13
  10. Tigert1966

Tigert1966 Well-Known Member

This was one of my favourite routes on TS2020. Really enjoying it on TSW2. Getting a few frame rate issues around München but can live with this. Hopefully that gets sorted later as Sam implied. Great DLC though.

11. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

We're working on a lot of changes that should bring frame rate improvements everywhere. You can thank our console brethren for this focus as we're not delivering the performance we want on console at present, but what benefits them will help everyone.

• Like Like x 22
  12. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Thank you consoles.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

Sam DTG Protagonist - thanks for the update, as I mentioned in my review, the frame rate drops (I’ve just done an ICE service at 0746 out of München) and got 25-30FPS near Hackerbrucke) are noticeable, but they don’t make the game unplayable by any means, the stutters are less than a few seconds if that (I can’t count that low!;))

• Like Like x 1
  14. davidh0501

davidh0501 Well-Known Member

Only two things to mention.
    One is hedges need more work.
    Just a bit too repetitive in places. More variety needed.
    Plus lollipop trees on distant rises.
    Otherwise excellent graphical work.
    Bodes well for SEHS.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

Interesting. I look forward to seeing the fruits of your labours.

• Like Like x 2
  16. subwayvaughn

subwayvaughn Active Member

I totally agree. This is by far the best add on I’ve played, but overall TSW 2020 and TSW2 are to date the best train sim that’s out there (IMO) despite bugs and issues which are prevalent in any software program. Thank you, DTG and thank you, fellow rail fans.

• Like Like x 3
  17. indominus123456789

indominus123456789 Member

Yeah. Amazing route. Makes me very excited to see what they've got for us with the SouthEastern Highspeed route.

• Like Like x 2
  18. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

I'll wait for the additional layers, RRO and the relative SKA services are not awful either.

Just a question, compared to SKA, does it feel much different, better/worse? I guess the general consensus is that it is much better but is it really that awesome new experience compared with SKA? and are you using more ICE, the 423 or the DoStos? And what did you find to be more enjoyable

• Like Like x 1
  19. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Will these performance improvements apply to all routes in TSW or just the newer TSW 2 routes? Thanks.

20. DTG Protagonist

Should be all TSW2 routes, including preserved, as it's a change to core tech. The details I have are sketchy, but I'll update more when there's more to tell.

• Like Like x 10
  21. jeanmarc094

jeanmarc094 Well-Known Member

Yes excellent route. sad console cant enjoy fully like pc but its still an excellent route.

22. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

Interesting. Thank you. Hopefully we’ll get more information regarding this on Tuesdays roadmap.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

That sounds great. Looking forward to seeing what you came up with!

24. matthewbguilford

matthewbguilford Well-Known Member

Can I put my tinfoil hat on and wonder if the behind the scenes upgrade will just so happen benefit TSW2 to run smoothly on the next generation consoles?

• Like Like x 1
  25. agreed, best route so far by miles (pun not intended)

26. DTG Protagonist

You can, but the next gen consoles have more horsepower anyway, so they wouldn't be in need of the performance buff. I'll try to secure more details for Tuesday, but some elements are on the roadmap anyway.

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  27. Jack O'Track

Jack O'Track Active Member

It looks like a tempting one. A stupid Q (of course, sorry) reading through the features listing: are there any freight train job scenarios?
    • 62 km (38-mile) route from München Hbf to Augsburg Hbf
    • DB BR 403 ICE 3 EMU in DB ICE "Deutschlands schnellster Klimaschützer" livery
    • DB BR 423 EMU in DB Regio Red "S-Bahn München" livery
    • Accurate, true-to-life performance and handling
    • Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling
    • Authentic and detailed sound recordings, recorded from the real multiple units
    • Journey Mode featuring over 24 hours of activities for you to master
    • Five detailed and engaging scenarios for the route
    • 100 Route Tasks for you to complete including placing route maps, installing cycle maintenance points, fixing electrical cabinets and repairing emergency telephones
    • Accessible Training Modules to get you started quickly
    • Extensive 24-hour Timetable
    • Livery Designer compatible
    • Scenario Planner compatible