I Suggest You Add All Routes From Rsslo To The Steam Store

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Kalypso, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

But don't make rip Offs like the Semmeringbahn, which is a part of the RSSLO Südbahn route.
    Instead of 35km, the full 110km expierence from Wr. Neustadt to Bruck a.d. Mur!

2. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

I found the Sudbahn route to be inferior to the Semmeringbahn route when it came to quality. Length is not always the best criteria to judge a route by. Many times, I often do not have time to run long scenarios and so enjoy a shorter run on a graphically superior route which was why I valued the Semmeringbahn route.

Therefor I wouldn’t call it a rip-off, but a choice since both are DLC and you have the choice of which one to purchase.

3. LeadCatcher

I found the Sudbahn route to be inferior to the Semmeringbahn route when it came to quality. Length is not always the best criteria to judge a route by. Many times, I often do not have time to run long scenarios and so enjoy a shorter run on a graphically superior route which was why I valued the Semmeringbahn route.

Therefor I wouldn’t call it a rip-off, but a choice since both are DLC and you have the choice of which one to purchase.

4. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

After reading what you actually are saying, I am sure you never played the original route by RSSLO!
    In this Video you see, QuickDrive assets by Freeware Austrian rolling stock avialable at Railworks Austria, one of the most missing Features of 90% of DTG routes.
    You see several models for AI traffic, not only the 1116 Taurus like for the DTG Spin off.
    Also you see much Detail in the Signal System, very good Frame rate, I actually drove this route many times in real life, and all Buildings are where they are in reality.
    And in conclusion the route has a working Speed Signal System, like the Hamburg - Hanover route!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  5. pschlik

pschlik Well-Known Member

Well, anything along the lines of “get this 3rd party product on Steam” is pretty much never up to DTG. DTG can’t just say “RSSLO, put your stuff on Steam” and the DTG forums are really the wrong place to ask for that. RSSLO would need to decide on thier own to cooperate with DTG, and there is a lot more to the whole thing than just throwing it up on Steam, so this isn’t a simple case of “just do it.” Products on Steam might have more traffic, but get less profit per item (a common reason why many 3rd party devs stick away from Steam) and more importantly, whatever goes up would have to meet DTG standards and would have to go through DTG QA. I have also heard stories from this side, where devlopers were not willing to do what DTG wanted to fix things, so decided not to go up on Steam. It’s a complex issue.

• Like Like x 1
  6. LeadCatcher

I own both routes and our opinions differs from yours, nothing wrong with that. No sense going on about it since people are allowed to have differing opinions - Glad you enjoyed the route, have a great day.

7. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

"Our opinions" So you are talking for more People then just for yourself?
    Edit: As I said in the other Topic, this type of personality, I don't like, now you know which fact it was related to!
    Please stay out of my fact related conversations in the future with your easy to spot fairytales about owning Content.
    If you would own the RSSLO Südbahn you would never say it is worse then DTG Semmeringbahn, because the Quality is 100x better.
    It is like you would say you prefer th DTG ES64U2 Taurus BETA model for 14€ over the full working 1116 Version from the Semmeringbahn, this makes no sense and is just baiting and provocation, nothing more, this is Steam Forum behaviour, but you bring this here!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  8. LeadCatcher

I do not know what your problem is, but this is uncalled for. I do own both routes and my statement stands. If all you want to do is to argue, please go elsewhere. As I stated everyone is entitled to their own opinions (heaven forbid that I changed my original sentence from “our opinions differ” to what should have said “my opinion differs from yours.) I even stated your opinion is valid for you. Please stop trying to turn this community’s atmosphere into Steam’s caustic environment.

9. Kalypso

Kalypso New Member

Dude, if you own RSSLO Content, you would never say the cheap Version of DTG is better in any way, because this is just complete nonsense.
    Please Keep your Steam behaviour on Steam Forum where you came from!
    I actually own the Semmeringbahn from DTG and the RSSLO Südbahn, and I listed the main differences in Quality already.
    You try to tell me, a Zastava Yugo is better then a BMW, because this is the difference between DTG Semmeringbahn and RSSLO Südbahn.
    DTG=Zastava
    RSSLO = BMW
    The same goes for Trains, just try the ÖBB 4023, oh wait you are a Steamer, I bet you can't even start it up :)
    Seriously, RSSLO is one of the best Railworks Content creator and if you would have Content by them, you would understand why your Statement is just not based on Facts, ist just Propaganda in case of Company loving view and this is like "Steam fanboys" you defend this Company from critics, and this is absolutely Steam Community behaviour, you just do it here for DTG, but you know what, a Company can only increase their Quality by honest, harsh Feedback about their products, which you try to prevent with your behaviour, as I said, I don't like you and please do me a favor, just leave my Topics alone with this Ambition in the future, kthnx.

10. LeadCatcher

Just won't give up will you -- I have said my piece -- live with it and move on. I am not defending anyone or any company - I stated MY opinion. You can resort to calling me a fanboy, that you don't like my personality or whatever -- still does not change my opinion. And the other point that you seemed to miss is that some, like me, like shorter routes and scenarios because of our time limitations we have to devote to our hobby.

I have the OBB 4023 -- it is a nice piece of work -- really enjoy running it as well. Now, are you finished with your little hussy fit that I like Semmeringbahn better than the Sudbahn route?

As I re-read my comments - I do not see anywhere a statement that prevented you from expressing your opinion - in fact I said you were entitled to your opinion, but I guess I am not entitled to mine since it doesn't match yours. Criticism toward DTG is allowed in your world, but no one can say anything against your much loved RSSLO -- sorry that doesn't fly, no matter how impressed you are with your opinion.

So we know you like the RSSLO Sudbahn route over DTG's Semmeringbahn route and I prefer Semmeringbahn over Sudbahn. Live with it since I have no problem with your opinion. I hope you enjoy the route. But a word of advice -- if you ever want to be taken seriously - don't childishly attack others that have a difference of opinion - reflects poorly on your debating style. Enjoy your time here in the forums --