I Was Hoping To Learn More About The Class 08, Re-fueling And The Fuel Pump Operation

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Would you be likely to teach us about the onboard fuel transfer pump on this locomotive and run us through a refueling scenario? Would be perfect to do that on the GWR if you have the Diesel Legends expansion.

2. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Are you talking about the driver's hand pump I don't think its modelled in the TSW2 Class 08. From this document http://www.railway-centre.com/uploads/7/2/2/3/7223531/class_08-13_fleet_list.pdf I found "...A number of items were manually operated, including the fuel transfer pump, taking fuel from the main tank to the header tank for distribution to the fuel injectors. One of the drivers jobs was to use a hand pump on the left driving position to maintain this supply..."

I don't think I've seen a refuel scenario for the Class 08 - I've done it for plenty of other locos, you basically pull up alongside a bowser, open the fuel tank, pick up the bowser nozzle and stick it in the tank inlet then turn on the fuel valve of the bowser. A few seconds later it says "full" and you do the reverse sequence.