Ice 1 (br 401)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by cadeshr6s, Mar 25, 2022.

1. cadeshr6s

cadeshr6s Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, as already announced about half a year ago by me, today I will implement my proposal for the Br 401 (the ICE 1). And talk about where it could be used in Train Sim World 2. So let’s get started.

[​IMG]
    ICE 1 on the Munich-Treuchtlingen route near Fahlenbach

Description:

The ICE 1 is the first series-produced high-speed trains in Germany and the first of six Intercity Express multiple units. The multiple-unit trains, which have been operating at speeds of up to 280 km/h since 1991, are made up of two power heads (Br 401) and up to 14 mid-range cars of Br 801 to 804. Until the end of 2020, they were occasionally combined with power heads of the ICE 2 (Br 402).

With a length of up to 411 metres, the multiple units were the longest built ICE units. In contrast to most other ICE series, the ICE 1 are full-lengths, they cannot be divided into drawn parts during operation.

Of the 60 trains put into service in the early 1990s, one unit was largely destroyed in the Eschede railway accident in June 1998. The remaining 59 units were rebuilt between 2005 and 2008.

After the railway accident in the Landrückentunnel, the 111 Nuremberg unit was temporarily disbanded and the number of units in operation was reduced to 58. In 2013, after the scrapping of three central cars, Unit 109 Aschaffenburg was permanently disbanded. Since then, a total of 58 multiple units with twelve carriages, nine reserve cars and three reserve power units have been available.

A further modernization was started in 2019 and is scheduled to run until 2023. This is a so-called “lifetime extension” (LDV) in which important technical components are renewed and the multiple units are reduced to nine medium-duty units.

Technical details:
    • Numbering: Tz 101–120, 152–190
    • Number: 58 sets (60 built)
    • Manufacturer: AEG, ABB, Henschel, Krauss-Maffei, Krupp, Siemens an others
    • Years of construction: 1988–1993
    • Retirement: at the earliest from 2030
    • Length: 358 metres (2 drive heads, 12 centre wagons)
    • Mass of service: 782t (redesign train)
    • Maximum speed: 280 km/h
    • Continuous output: 2x 4.800 kW
    • Approaching force: 400 kN
    • Number of traction engines: 8
    • Safety systems: Sifa, LZB with PZB 90, ETCS, Integra-Signum
    • Seats: 703

Layers:

First of all, I would like to point out that in this list there are only routes where the ICE 1 currently runs. I will also mention KI ICE 1. Second, I will also include deployments and disconnections. It should also be noted that the lines are not always complete. All marked stations can be accessed in Train Sim World 2 and all italic stations are not present in the game.

ICE 4:
    HamburgHannoverFrankfurt (M)

On the main line Hamburg – Lübeck (HHL) the ICE 1 could function as an AI train too to give Hamburg’s very empty main station a little more life.

ICE 11 (every two hours):
    • Hamburg-Altona Hamburg DammtorHamburgBerlin-Spandau
    • Berlin Gesundbrunnen
    BerlinBerlin Südkreuz WittenbergLeipzigErfurtEisenach Fulda FrankfurtMannheim Stuttgart Ulm Augsburg – München-Pasing – München

On the main line Hamburg – Lübeck (HHL) the ICE 1 could function as an AI train too to give Hamburg’s very empty main station a little more life.

On Rapid Transit (RT) the ICE 1 could function as an AI train too to give Leipzig’s very empty main station a little more life.

On the main line Munich – Augsburg (HMA) the ICE 1 could run every two hours from Augsburg to munich with stop in Munich-Pasing

ICE 13 (every two hours):
    Berlin Ostbahnhof – Berlin – Berlin-Spandau – Braunschweig – Hildesheim – Göttingen – Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe – Fulda –
    • Frankfurt Süd – Frankfurt Flughafen
    • Frankfurt

ICE 15 (shorted version of the ICE 1):
    Binz – Stralsund – Berlin Gesundbrunnen – Berlin – Berlin Südkreuz – Halle – Erfurt – Frankfurt

ICE 18 (every two hours):
    Hamburg-Altona – Hamburg Dammtor – Hamburg – Berlin-Spandau – Berlin – Berlin Südkreuz –Bitterfeld – Halle – Erfurt – Bamberg – Erlangen – Nürnberg –
    • Augsburg – München-Pasing – München
    • Ingolstadt - München

On the main line Munich – Augsburg (HMA) the ICE 1 could run every two hours from Augsburg to munich with stop in Munich-Pasing

On the main line Munich – Augsburg (HMA) the ICE 1 could drive as AI or with some depot moves

ICE 20 (every two hours):
    • Kiel – Neumünster –
    • Hamburg-Altona –
    Hamburg Dammtor – Hamburg – Hannover – Göttingen – Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe – Fulda – Hanau –Frankfurt – Mannheim – Karlsruhe – Baden-Baden – Freiburg – Basel Bad – Basel SBB – Zürich –Sargans – Landquart – Chur

ICE 22 (every two hours, between Hamburg and Frankfurt every hour):
    • Kiel – Neumünster –
      • Hamburg Dammtor – Hamburg
    • Hamburg-Altona –
      • Hamburg Dammtor – Hamburg
    • Oldenburg – Bremen –
    Hannover – Göttingen – Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe – Frankfurt – Frankfurt Flughafen – Mannheim –Heidelberg – Stuttgart

ICE 25:
    Oldenburg – Delmenhorst – Bremen – Verden – Nienburg – Hannover – Göttingen – Kassel-Wilhelmshöhe – Fulda – Würzburg – Nürnberg – Ingolstadt – München

On the main line Munich – Augsburg (HMA) the ICE 1 could drive as AI or with some depot moves

ICE 28 (every two hours):
    • Binz – Bergen – Stralsund – Greifswald – Züssow – Anklam – Pasewalk – Prenzlau – Angermünde – Eberswalde – Berlin Gesundbrunnen –
    • Hamburg-Altona – Hamburg Dammtor – HamburgLudwigslust – Wittenberge – Berlin-Spandau –
    Berlin – Berlin Südkreuz – Lutherstadt Wittenberg – Leipzig – Erfurt – Coburg – Bamberg – Erlangen –Nürnberg – Ingolstadt – München

On Rapid Transit (RT) the ICE 1 could function as an AI train too to give Leipzig’s very empty main station a little more life.

ICE 31:
    • Hamburg-Altona –
    • Kiel – Neumünster –
    Hamburg Dammtor – Hamburg – Hamburg-Harburg – Bremen – Osnabrück – Münster – Dortmund –Hagen – Wuppertal – Solingen – Köln – Bonn – Koblenz – Bingen – Mainz – Frankfurt Flughafen –Frankfurt – Hanau – Aschaffenburg – Würzburg – Nürnberg – Regensburg – Plattling – Passau

On the Rhine-Ruhr-East (RRO) route, ICE 1 could also take over the trains of ICE Line 31 between Hagen and Wuppertal and the same in the other direction.

On SKA the ICE 1 could function as an AI train too to give Cologne's empty main station a little more life and variety.

On the Main-Spessart-Bahn (MSB) the ICE 1 could function as an AI train too to give Aschaffenburg’s very empty main station a little more life.

ICE 32 [IC 32] (one per day, shorted version of the ICE 1):
    Stuttgart – Heidelberg – Mannheim – Mainz – Koblenz – Bonn – Köln – Düsseldorf – Duisburg –Oberhausen – Gelsenkirchen – Münster – Rheine – Emden – Norddeich Mole

On SKA the ICE 1 could function as an AI train too to give Cologne's empty main station a little more life and variety.

On main line Rhine-Ruhr (HRR) the ICE 1 could give more variety to Duisburg as AI train

ICE 35 [IC 35] (some trains a day, shorted version of the ICE 1):
    Norddeich Mole – Emden – Rheine –Münster – Gelsenkirchen – Oberhausen – Duisburg – Düsseldorf – Köln – Bonn – Koblenz – Mainz – Mannheim – Stuttgart

On main line Rhine-Ruhr (HRR) the ICE 1 could give more variety to Duisburg as AI train

ICE 39 (shorted version of the ICE 1):
    Hamburg-Altona – Hamburg Dammtor – Hamburg – Münster – Essen – Duisburg – Düsseldorf – Köln

On main line Rhine-Ruhr (HRR) the ICE 1 could run as playable service from Essen to Duisburg and in the other direction

On SKA the ICE 1 could function as an AI train too to give Cologne's empty main station a little more life and variety. Also you could get some depot moves.

Conclusion:
    First of all, thank you for reading my proposal. As you have seen, the ICE is a real must for the German region, but also for Switzerland. In this context, I think the ICE 1 simply has to come into play, for example with the route Cologne - Koblenz. In any case, I would be happy if you rate this contribution, as such suggestions with the line details etc. are always very time-consuming.

Pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 9
  2. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Nice idea. Would love to see the ICE 1 in Train Sim World 2.

• Like Like x 2
  3. al.

al. Member

Keep up the great suggestion mate! I´d love to see the ICE 1 or 4 in TSW2. Not only would they add a great variety to many german routes but DTG has also proven already that they can model aged rolling stock like the BR101 with some weathering very well...

4. cadeshr6s

Yeah, me too. Which Route you would suggest with the ICE 1?

5. cadeshr6s

Thanks my friend. I plan a Suggestion for the ICE 4 too, but that's something heavy because of the variants (7car, 12car, 13car). And yes, if they keep up the quality and deliver the same quality as the br 101 that could be awesome.

6. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

7. matinakbary

matinakbary Well-Known Member

Good suggestion! But it's hardly readable When You write in Yellow :)

8. cadeshr6s

9. cadeshr6s

Thanks and Sorry, maybe I can change it later ^^

• Like Like x 1
  10. drnicktgm#1259

drnicktgm#1259 Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of the ICE 1 & 2 these trains would perfectly fit on the the Route Augsburg Ulm or if it wouldn't be a big problem the complete route from Augsburg to Stuttgart, a game named Pro Train Perfect 2 includes the complete route from München to Stuttgart and it would be great to have a route with ca. 200 km length

• Like Like x 1
  11. Noel06

Noel06 Well-Known Member

Or the "Schnellfahrstrecke Stuttgart - Mannheim" with a maximum speed of 280 kilometers per hour.

• Like Like x 1
  12. cadeshr6s

True, but that would be impressive

13. cadeshr6s

I would like to see both to be honstest ^^

14. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

In real life these actually Run past Lohr to the Schnellfahrstrecke Hannover Würzburg connector just like the DB BR403 Ice Line 41 services. To make it playable Player runs them to Lohr as a Driver change point. Unless Main Spessart Bahn gets Gemünden Würzburg section including the high-speed line itself and Lohr connector line.

• Like Like x 2
  15. cadeshr6s

That's a good idea, I don't know that because I'm not from there ^^