Ice 3 Sound Improvements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Federix, Oct 20, 2022.

1. Federix

Federix Active Member

ICE 3 BR 403 and 406 sound improvements

I'm probably quite petty here, but in my opinion the departure sound of the ICE 3 BR403 and BR406 should be improved. It is best to show you what I mean in a direct comparison.

Real life sound

TSW sound (timestamp: 0:55)

You see? Some things sound different in real life, especially the "transition from low to high tone" sounds much better in real life in my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    • Like Like x 8
  2. Mateiule

Mateiule Active Member

DTG made the same mistake with the M7 and M7A. But I'm much pickier as a New Yorker.

3. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's not possible to make it sound exactly like the real train unless you spend several years with the audio. Tsg, the mastermind behind the sound already discussed about it a while ago in a separate thread

• Like Like x 2
  4. Federix

Federix Active Member

Could you link it, please?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2022
  5. rennekton#1349

6. Federix

Federix Active Member

So, of course I can understand that recreating the sound exactly like it is in real life is impossible, and it’s is not what I want to reach with this. Actually, I think that the ICE 3 is one of the best sounding trains, in real life and in TSW.
    But the departure sound the ICE 3 in TSW currently has is improvable, especially, as I said before, the "transition fron low to high tone". At this point, the train sounds much cooler in real life.

7. Maik Goltz

Maik Goltz Well-Known Member

The transition is the hardest thing at all to make. It can only use samples in game that are looped and pitched. You will never get a result as in real live from that (especially not what you hear in the video linked above as this involves surrounding reverb effects massively. What we have now in TSW is basically the most you could get out of it yet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Federix

Federix Active Member

Thanks for enlightening me.

But…
    Is it impossibke to bring this to the game?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
  9. rennekton#1349

I'm not tsg but given how he is also working on his own content and helps dtg from time to time on their content, I don't think he has time to spend months upgrading the sound.

10. Federix

Federix Active Member

I suppose it shouldn't be impossible to have other people (like DTG's audio team) do a sound upgrade for the ICE 3. I don't want to criticise TSG at all, I understand that it might be difficult as a single person to make the complete sound of a train sound super realistic. However, a sound update for the ICE 3 would be appropriate in my opinion, at least as far as the exterior sound is concerned.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2023
  11. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

they not only messed up the low-to-high transition which could be easily enhanced by making it start from lower than it is right now, they also messed up the +50 km/h sound, which also should actually start at 55 km/h. on the real train it is way higher-pitched than in tsw, where it sounds like a lawnmower underwater

• Like Like x 1