Ice And Rain - Ice On S-bahn

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Gogomaester, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Gogomaester

Gogomaester Member

I met an ICE train on the S-Bahn line in one of the official, (surely) tested scenarios. I am not sure if i should cry or not.

upload_2020-8-24_2-13-1.png

Not to mention it just cassualy made me take a detour at Düren for no apparent reason :(

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  2. delucadomenico2009

delucadomenico2009 Active Member

Are you running with pzb and lzb activated?

3. Gogomaester

Gogomaester Member

Of course, both systems active, that shouldnt affect the path the train takes and 100% not ai trains :D - but at least the PZB guided me through the switches safely ;)

4. delucadomenico2009

Perfect, probably the problem is: when you're running from koln, after duren station will be the swithching section to lzb mode to pzb mode. When the yellow led "ende" start flashing, holp pzb release for some seconds. And be sure to slow down until 160kmh before the ending of the switching section. If you not release the pzb the train will active the penalty breakes after a bit. When you swithch from pzb to lzb is complete automatic so there is no problem

5. hightower

hightower Guest

I’m playing Ice and Rain right now. LZB holds your speed back for a long long time after you enter the 250kph section. Is that right?

6. LastTrainToClarksville

LastTrainToClarksville Well-Known Member

Looks too complicated for me!

7. praxidike.meng

praxidike.meng Well-Known Member

Correct, and I believe it's because you are following another train in front of you, possibly an S-bahn service. A bypass at Düren might also be related to that, but I'm not certain.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Trenomarcus

Trenomarcus Well-Known Member

Yes, I can confirm. Cause you are behind another service.

9. delucadomenico2009

You neee to see the lzb indicator in the middle of the desk. If it said "000" like a next speed limit, means that you have a stop signal that is coming (for this reason will need to reach 0km/h to stop the train). The procedure is the same if you are behind another train. The track will show a red signal after the train have passed a signal so you will see a stop signal on the desk too. In this case, is better to asume a medium speed to take distance from the train in front of you (like 120/140km/h). As soon as distance between the will be more than 10km your lzb will return to see a green signal and it will show a track speed limit that is cooming. Hope this will help

10. hightower

hightower Guest

Thanks guys, only just had chance to catch up with the messages.

It’s very cool! A win for TSW2.

11. hightower

hightower Guest

I’m a bit confused about this one still, sorry.

I think I’ve sorted my understanding of LZB, and I thought I had PZB locked down ages ago. Where the speed drops from 160kph to 120kph I’ve started slowing but I’m getting a red ‘S’ And I think the 1000hz magnet. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to slow down earlier because I’m pretty certain I’ve not missed a PZB acknowledge.

I’m a bit stumped. Thanks

*Edit* So having cracked it the 3rd time I wasn’t slowing down early enough. Oh well :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2020
  12. delucadomenico2009

Let me show you the problem.
    If you are running at 160kmh and you acknowledge a pzb point (1000 in yellow is active) you need to brake untile 85 within 23 seconds. This is the rule. But you need to stay at 85kmh before the end of the 1000k/s area. So normally you need to brake from 160 to 85 in ~700m. This will ask an hard brake session (up to 6/7 with the talent 2).
    In your case be sure that the signal that you have pass haven't a speed indicator that nornally is lower than the track limit. So probably the track indicate to slow down until 120 but the signal to 80 or 60 for a station stop, for this reason the pzb has been activated

13. hightower

hightower Guest

Thanks for the help. On this occasion It wasn’t that as there was nothing to acknowledge. I was using the AFB to slow down and I suspect it was doing so quick enough. Using the brake worked just fine.

Thanks again.

14. delucadomenico2009

Normally i never use the afb. The problem is the ipotethic brake curve. After you see a huge chage of speed be sure and set the brake up to 1B or 2 with ice or up to 5 for talent

• Like Like x 1
  15. hightower

hightower Guest

Will do thanks. That was definitely the issue as far as this stop goes.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2020