Ice Breaker Pain

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ivorengine#2527, Nov 8, 2022.

1. ivorengine#2527

ivorengine#2527 New Member

Wtf. I tried the ice breaker scenario last night. Enjoyed flying along at 300km/h. Then I find I have to complete the whole route with just one or two stops. Sat watching my train hurtle along for an hour. Pulled into the final stop point and over shot the platform by about a meter - you passed a red signal - fail. Do it all again This game is more painful than a souls game sometimes!

2. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Make sure to save so you can reload and not have to restart

• Like Like x 1
  3. ivorengine#2527

ivorengine#2527 New Member

thanks, will do next time.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this is a game which can require very little attention as you fly along for ages, then all of a sudden require ALL of your attention to avoid causing an incident
    This is probably true of real life except they have to keep an eye on where they are as they don't have the HuD

5. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

LZB would have saved you. ;)

6. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

Do you play with safety systems

7. Dakota

Dakota Member

I got into trouble approaching Wurzburg just a few hundred meters before the plaform. Somehow I got the loco into a state where it was going beeeeep...beeeeep...beeeeep...beeeeep... and nothing responded. Nothing responded, not even the brake refill. Any ideas what mistake I made, and how I could have salvaged the run?

And yeah I need to learn how to save the game so I can restart without spending another near hour ha ha. Duh!!

8. Dakota

Dakota Member

WTF? No way to save a game? Is that even possible? I found some forum posts about this and can't find the controls for it. That's so ridiculous.

9. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

It's under options and general and released a few updates ago. It's toggled off by default since it is broken at the moment for many people. You have to turn it on and dtg are slowly working on fixing the save game

10. jack travers

jack travers Well-Known Member

I think that might have been either Lzb or Pzb since HLL fill didn’t work.

I’m still learning how to use PZB so I won’t be much help there

But if it is LZB then maybe you didn’t release it or Acknowledge it when you came up to LZB end point.
    I’m pretty sure it was meant to show LZB Ende on the hud (if you play with it on) where you then hold down LZB Release to go back to PZB mode or whatever. Any logical solution after LZB emergency brake I think is to LZB/PZB release then LZB/PZB Acknowledge then HLL Fill. If that still doesn’t work than Switch off safety systems then back on again

11. Thunderer

Thunderer Well-Known Member

Save Game is working fine for me, just pause the game and press triangle. You only get one save though, back at main menu select Resume to continue from where you saved.

12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's less that save game is broken "for many people", more that savegame is incomplete in certain circumstances. I have never had a save not work (mainly because I don't use it) and loads of people on here say it's worked fine for them in most cases

13. Dakota

Dakota Member

DUH! I found the new “save game” today. I looked last weekend. Thank you all for the encouragement.