Ice On Southeastern Highspeed. Month And Weather Dependent Layer?

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by bobbobberdd, Sep 7, 2022.

1. bobbobberdd

bobbobberdd Well-Known Member

I just did Service 1J22 St.Pancras Int'l nach Margate (10:07 am) with the Class 395 on SEHS, when I was about to get the Train ready I saw the ICE from Cologne-Aachen standing on the other side of the Station. After my Service I wanted to check what he was doing and spawn on Foot at 10:05 in the morning but there was no Train.

Are Ai.Layers now Month and Weather dependent. Because unfortunately I didn't remember which Month I did 1J22. I also took a Screenshot, but unfortunately Dovetail Live doesn't want to show it to me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Yeah I went through all the months and it appeared in October/November.
    Some services are time dependent see the article
    https://live.dovetailgames.com/live/train-sim-world/articles/article/tsw3-sehs-a-timetable-deep-dive

3. Tom19721997

Tom19721997 Member

Just to say i went to try drive the ice you are not allowed to when u jump on it thanks for info but cool see it their

4. KMAN

KMAN Well-Known Member

Yeah it does not have the right signalling systems so you could drive it but you would not have in cab signalling.

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

Correct because of KVB TVM-430 are not equipped on SKA DB BR406. To remedy that DTG should make it's LGV SNCF capable version the DB BR406 ICE3MF.
    It's on TSC Strasbourg to Frankfurt Line Workshop route. TSC Karlshule Strasbourg home route of the ICE3MF. That needs to be made for TSW 3 So that ICE3M can do SEHS Trips.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

I think it's only ICE 3M, not ICE 3MF

• Like Like x 1
  7. e.leerentveld

e.leerentveld Member

Yup, the 406 depicted in TSW is the 3M version, but without the new displays that were fitted in the stock refurbishment a few years back. This is correct, as the route they came with is the route to Brussels and not the route to Paris, assuming the route is set somewhere before 2016. The same train could be used for a Basel - Frankfurt - Cologne - Amsterdam route should they release it.

This means that the 406's in TSW only have PZB/LZB, the Dutch ATB and the Belgian TBL(+) (the latter two collectively known as ATBL+). This version of the train is not certified for use in France and doesn’t have KVB or TVM.

The train's ATBL+ read out is located to the right of the center meters. It's a bunch of circular lights showing (yellow) (6) (8) (13) (14) (green) and a few others. This panel is depicted in TSW's model, but is just there for show. In the real world, just beyond Aachen, the route's terminus in TSW2/3, the train crosses the Belgian border (at Eupen) and runs (mostly) at 300km/h towards Brussels via Liege and Leuven under ETCS and 25 kV AC.

In the stock refurbishing operation in the real world, Siemens replaced the "analog" dials and meters as well as the panel of ATBL+ lights with an LCD panel that can show all built-in safety systems (not relying on various clusters of LEDs). At the same time, ETCS (ERMTS) was built in and the trains were all cleared for ETCS routes in both The Netherlands and Belgium (in Germany they continue to run under LZB on ETCS equipped routes).

The 3MF is a variation of the ICE 3M that has KVB and TVM bolted on (in a very ugly way from the driver's stand point I should add, as two strips of LED's tucked in the dashboard's sun visor) and did receive clearing for the French network. This model of the train is correctly depicted on the Karlsruhe - Strassbourgh route in Train Simulator Classic.

In the real world, an ICE 3MF trainset has been to London St Pancras in 2010, this was more of a proof-of-concept that DB organised to show their trains can do it. In the end, the Channel Tunnel authorities wouldn't allow the ICE trains to carrying passengers through the tunnel: unlike the Alstom units that EuroStar uses, the ICE3 can not split in two and drive out of the tunnel under its own power in case of an emergency (source). More about the ICE 3MF's visit to St Pancras here, including pics.

If you think it's awesome that an ICE visited the UK, wait till you find out that an ICE 1 has visited... the United States. But that's for another time.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

bah the Amtrak branding on that poor german highspeeder looked so off and wrong it's disgusting

9. airbusfan1330

airbusfan1330 Active Member

[​IMG]
    Don't see anything wrong with them

• Like Like x 2
  10. Quentin

Quentin Well-Known Member

I thought there's now a 'proper' LGV between Aachen and Brussels with 300km/h running and (I assume) 25kV AC. Or were you referring to the position in 2016?

11. simontreanor81

simontreanor81 Well-Known Member

There is a high speed line between Aachen and Liege, and between Liege and Leuven (the latter allows loco-hauled trains), while between Leuven and Schaerbeek north of Brussels the line has been four tracked and the speed increased.

12. e.leerentveld

e.leerentveld Member

You're right - the route in Belgium has been 300 kph at 25kVAC since 2002. I had my time frames mixed up :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

apparently the ICE can be found at around october, there is also a pretty special Javelin service (the service itself is not so special), when driving the service 1J72 from St. Pancras, where the ICE 3M is already standing, to Stradford, and waiting a few seconds, you can see the ICE 3M howling past you at 200 km/h to wherever it's going. I will go to the station right now and enter the train and see where it goes but I don't know if it'll leave the map sooner or later, let's see.
    upload_2023-10-20_19-12-56.png

• Like Like x 1
  14. e.leerentveld

e.leerentveld Member

[Morgan Freeman voice]
    "But that was the last thing that MoRoN22 ever posted. Other players have tried to recreate the scenario that MoRoN22 described, in the hope they'd find him. But to no avail. He appears to have been lost in the backrooms - the infinite area behind game worlds, where no exits exist and no escape is possible. But we can never be sure.

Rumour has it, he followed a midget into another universe."

• Like Like x 5
  15. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

oh yeah the ICE 3M does leave the map with no other stop but it passes by Ashford Intl. and inbetweening stations so I guess that's cool

16. steamylocoman

steamylocoman Well-Known Member

It's going through the eurotunnel back to the mainland

17. RobertSchulz

RobertSchulz Well-Known Member

How the hell comes an ICE to the United States? I mean how do you even get it there? All wagons on a freight ship separately?
    Must have been cost a lot of money. And why is that even necessary? Aren't there any high speed train manufacturers in the US?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  18. thatyaxthing#3408

thatyaxthing#3408 Member

It was sent over alongside the other train in that photo (an X2000 from Sweden) to see the plausibility of high speed trains on the NEC. Later, the ICE 1 was toured around the country by diesel locos. Amtrak eventually settled on a separate design from Alstom and Bombardier, which became the Acela Express

• Like Like x 2
  19. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

20. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

21. grob-e

grob-e Well-Known Member

Yes, that's why you can read 'Amtrak' on the front of the ICE in the picture...

• Like Like x 1
  22. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

I thought the thread was talking about the ICE 3 in the UK

23. jack#9468

jack#9468 Well-Known Member

According to the title, yes.

24. Ewan0025

Ewan0025 Well-Known Member

its also on the same platform that it was on when it visited london st pancras, a nice touch:
    upload_2023-10-21_18-58-14.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-10-21 190407(1).png

Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Myron

Myron Well-Known Member

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  26. rjeeves#3580

rjeeves#3580 Active Member

for a bit of nostalgia (19th oct 2010)

It's a little ironic now that the e320 is also a Seimens Veraro set

27. e.leerentveld

e.leerentveld Member

The ICE1 was sent by ship, together with a Swedish hi-speed train.