If Geloxo Can Do It, Why Not Dtg?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by solicitr, Mar 8, 2021.

Tags:
  1. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Just wanted to push an endorsement of geloxo's excellent dynamic weather tool. Now, DTG, since this is just a UI for pre-existing Unreal Engine functionality, what would be so hard about integrating similar commands into the game?

• Like Like x 2
  2. geloxo

geloxo Well-Known Member

Hey! Many thanks for the kind words. I think they can easily do it using a similar approach to the one I took as that was not really very hard but is very flexible as well.

It would be nice if they allow some kind of official interface to game for things like my tool to be able to work natively and read/inject variables into game and remove the need to use Unreal console, which is a working but dirty solution. Many games have native scripting support that allow modders to create very interesting tools. If we are able to read variables such as train speed, speed limits, distance to objectives, timetable and inject others like the weather ones many cool things can be done without affecting at all the gameplay nor the traffic, which is important to preserve their original scenario and service designs and avoid breaking anything.

Cheers

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 2