If Only Timetable Services Started With Completely Dark And Cold Engines!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cadetski, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Cadetski

Cadetski New Member

Hey everyone!

I seriously would like to have an option for timetable services, once chosen gives me the opportunity to "cold start" the engines hence run through the full start-up procedure in the beginning.

In many cases I just wish that I was given a dead engine (completely dark and with even handbrakes on) so that I could start it, make it ready and only then run the service.

What would you guys think about this?

• Like Like x 9
  2. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

Good idea in principle although it depends on the train as depending on type each train has its quirks and complexities

• Like Like x 1
  3. DVerhaaff

DVerhaaff New Member

I think it should be optional or dependent on the service.
    I often love to just drive a quick service when I have 45 minutes or so to kill and having to start and set everything up first would take too much time.

But sometimes I do wish there were scenarios where we would even have to grab a train from the depot, couple it to another train, and take it to the platform to start a service just to make it a bit different.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

I would like that too. I think the best and easiest option for DTG would be to have a slider like with the weather, where you can chose between "easy start" (everything (including PIS, reverser and so on) is set) and "cold start" (where everything is turned off (battery off, MCB off, panto lowered)).
    The other, and possibly more realistic situation, would be to make it depending on the service. If you are the first train in the morning, it should be a complete cold start. If you take over a train at a terminus, you got to set some stuff up (like PIS and reverser), but the engine for example is running, basically like it always is now. If you take over on the fly (e.g. if you start any train in Köln), everything should be set (including PIS and reverser) since you just take over the train from a different driver that drove all the way there.
    That would definitively add a lot to the immersion!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Cramnor

Cramnor Well-Known Member

This would be amazing if we got to set-up consists before as well, getting everything started and so on.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

It's good idea. I would add more. If the locomotive terminates its last service, it should shut down. This would also apply to AI trains.

• Like Like x 3