If You Could Make Just One Change...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by NateDogg7a, Jan 30, 2023.

1. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

My recent thread on route improvements turned up a lot of great ideas. Thanks to all who replied! Here it is if you are interested:

https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/what-route-would-you-improve.62569/

Well, I recently purchased CRR and while I think that overall it's very good, it certainly does have its flaws, as do most DLCs for TSW. However, there is just one thing that is really driving me crazy: the dispatcher will divert you to a passing loop just to preserve right-hand running, even if there is no other train to meet. The main problem with this is being dropped to 15 mph instead of being allowed to continue on the main at 30 mph, and the slow crawl can be quite tedious. So, with recency bias in full effect, if I could change just one thing on CRR, it would most certainly be that!

Of course, that causes me to wonder what other major improvements can be made with just one change. If you care to reply then list as many DLCs as you like, but remember just one change per DLC. Perhaps I will think of some others to post as well.

2. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

The only change that isn't a extension to fix a dlc is them fixing the seats on mk2as on all br blue routes (DLOTGW NTP and WCL) due to no one being able to sit down in free roam mode. Which is annoying as it has been fixed and makes a ton of br blue dlcs worse.

• Like Like x 1
  3. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

Really? There are numerous issues with other routes especially signals or dispatchers. Fix the class 377 lighting issues on the BML would be my change.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  4. gwrfan#3416

gwrfan#3416 Well-Known Member

lucasfor49 in rereading my post I forgot to include the dlcs I owned and played plus I also forgot to include issues I've seen technically not like issues like alck of services etc.

5. NateDogg7a

NateDogg7a Well-Known Member

I didn't even know that was a thing. Great idea, because it definitely sounds annoying but also because you would think it shouldn't be too hard to fix

6. sophieclarke1983

sophieclarke1983 Well-Known Member

If I could add a change it would be more classic rolling stock that we lack totally in tsw3 name sprinter class 156,158,153 and the pacers class 142,143,144 and the turbostars class 170 and class 168 clubman

7. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I would have the timetable/ signalling redone on NTP so that we can have more freight running there.

• Like Like x 1
  8. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

For Bahnstrecke Dortmund/Witten-Oberhausen/Duisburg Hauptstrecke Rhein-Ruhr why not extended to Oberhausen Hbf that way S3s can be operated towards there. In the future merging it with Hollandstrecke Duisburg Oberhausen Zevenaar Betuweroute junction Arnhem Utrecht therefore it ends of making Mülheim an der Ruhr Styrum busy