PC If You Turn On Afb In The Br182 While Moving You Have To Stop Before You Can Use It

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by paul.pavlinovich, May 16, 2021.

Tags:
  1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is the way its supposed to work, but if you're moving and you turn on AFB with ctrl-r you can see its on but it doesn't work. You can't set a speed. You have to completely stop the consist then you can start to use it. If you do turn it on then turn it off you can't power the train. Its like I confused it. I'm curious if this is expected behaviour? I also have not found a way to turn on AFB in this loco without using ctrl-r.

Edit: since the forum removes the time codes from video embeds you need to manually go to 1:27:15 to see the start of the run that experiences this issue.

You can see this from my stream this morning at

Last edited: May 16, 2021
  2. KampfKeks510

KampfKeks510 New Member

In some BRs u can put the afb lever fully forward and turn afb on afterwards. Then it should work. I'm not sure how it is in real life but in TSW2 its weird sometimes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

From what I can see, you didn't follow the correct procedure for enabling AFB on the move. If you are not standing still, you must:
    1. Put throttle to zero
    2. Put AFB lever to max (as far as it'll go, not track speed limit)
    3. Enable AFB main switch
    Now, AFB will work. You can put the AFB lever to the speed limit and apply power again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1