Ihh 22, 44, 45 & 46

Discussion in 'Loco Suggestions & Proposals' started by 749006, Apr 13, 2021.

1. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Would it be possible for DTG to introduce more locos from the IHH Back Catalogue which I believe you acquired a number of years back.

You have already released the Class 45 so the Class 44 & 46 should be easy as they have a similar cab.
    Also the Class 45 in different versions with a Headcode Box
    Screenshot_1 - Test Centre_51.11713-6.22402_12-00-24.jpg

Having released the Class 35 and Class 42 for the Western Region Locos pack the Class 22 should also be released and added to that pack

Peter

• Like Like x 8
  2. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

Also the 26. I've seen scenarios calling for it. Not sure if the AP 40 is the same one from IHH, but I recall that was in the collection as well.

https://railworks.fandom.com/wiki/Iron_Horse_House

Off the top of my head, I know I have the 105. 45, 08, and I think 14. Possibly others. I have found the Bonus Content stub on SteamDB as well, tied to old versions of the Evening Star (now the 9F) and the Class 56 - the latter replaced with the BR Sectors one, apparently, since the old one has ceased. It also seemed to be attached to the Class 45, and also a Class 20 - same one as Just Trains, perchance?

The missing bonus knocks out some Deltics from the engine list, forcing us to sub in another one, but not sure where the other cars went. Or if Just Trains had them in their package as well, and whether they were allowed to keep them there now.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  3. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

:D :D :D
    Waggonz built the Class 40 from Scratch and AP did the sound part of the Package
    AP have not bought anything from IHH - DTG got that package

To think that IHH could make something that good when they could not even make a cab for the Class 22 is laughable

4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

That matches my suspicion. Still trying to figure out if the JT 20 is related. My guess is no.

5. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

I think the DTG class 20 is the ex IHH one.

To be fair I think the class 22 was only ever intended to be AI from what I recall at the time, it would be nice to see it released with a proper cab. I have the class 26 which is a nice model and the cab is very well modelled, certainly compared to other models of the period. His class 40 was a decent model too although I think the engine sounds a bit too loud but it is definitely a Whistler! The class 47 has a better cab than the Kuju one.

I am surprised the class 44 and Duke of Gloucester were never re-released or the class 107 for the Scottish routes. There was quite a decent Stainer/Fowler 2-6-4T which if released would fill a void in the LMS fleet.

I think his models were generally well received and considered good quality for the time, most of them still look very good today, his class 25 front (the second design) looks better to my eyes than the DTG modelled version, which I think was also his. He also released quite a lot of content with much regularity. I think if he had stayed making models for TS1 a lot of gaps which exist would have been filled, he would likely have built quite a few multiple units I suspect, something which we are sorely lacking.

My main complaint would be the lack of run sounds which is something you expect now and does detract when you are driving them and I do think the DMU sounds were not his finest hour. I have replaced mine with DAV files from the RSC class 101. I just can't get run sounds to work.

I have asked several times as to if there is any chance of more from his library being released and it has always been met with a wall of silence from DTG so for some reason they are unwilling to discuss it. It is a shame as there are some useful models.

They released his standard 4 tender engine on the market place for a while available for a few pounds, maybe they could do that again with the caveat that they are older models without scenarios and not to expect them to have all the bells and whistles of newer releases.