PlayStation I'm Sorry, But Dtg Need To Take A Hard Stand And Ditch The Old Consoles

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DXR8002, Mar 23, 2021.

1. DXR8002

DXR8002 Well-Known Member

It's becoming more and more apparent that these 13 year old pieces of rubbish cannot run the sim to an acceptable standard, and having switched to PS5 the difference is night and day, the new generation of consoles need to be brought to the forefront of development, or at least a next gen version of the sim should be released on par with pc. You can hear Rivet games subtly trying to blame the old consoles for Arosa's crap quality, and frankly, I don't blame them, come on DTG get with the times and take advantage of the PS5's hardware.

Edited by DTG Natster

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2021
    • Like Like x 7
  2. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

You will have a bit of a wait for that given the number of PS4 consoles currently in use compared to the new version. No way will DTG currently ditch producing routes that operate on PS4’s or make a route that only runs on the new consoles.

• Like Like x 15
  3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Well that depends. Have most players moved to a next-gen console? Probably not. It's very difficult to even get hold of a PS5 or Series X right now (scalpers, production lines not meeting demand, chips shortage). Maybe later on in the year or 2022.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Allan

Allan Member

Then they need to make an upgrade for us ps5 users. Many company’s have done that already with their games so why can’t DTG do that??? In that way we could have more passengers on the stations, more trains of the routes like in real life,longer distance and better graphics. Take advantage of the powerful hardware so it will be easier to implement dynamic weather, workers on the rails etc to make the world more alive. Cheers

• Like Like x 2
  5. MadEdders

MadEdders Active Member

I don't disagree with this, but given how both the PS5 and Series XS are in their infancy and already difficult to get a hold of, it'd make no sense from a financial perspective to ditch both the PS4 and Xbone.

With that said, a hypothetical TSW3 for consoles should be on PS5/XS only.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

last gen consoles were released in 2013
    No idea how you worked out the age

as others have said series X/ps5 are damm near impossible to secure a lovely new console.

it’ll happen in time but can’t see it this year (unless the magic mystery update is a next gen update)

The only companies that have done some magic are massive companies for aaa titles, that were released nearer the console release date. (Yes I know august 2020 was pretty close to the date..)

as the poster just above me states. TSW3 for newer gen

Patience is key here. DTG are aware we are all crying for the draw distance to be upgraded. And many other enhancements :)

• Like Like x 6
  7. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

This would be a "major revision" release so I would expect it to only happen in the annual update rather than an incremental one.
    I don't disagree with the sentiment, but I'm also sure it would "annoy" those who play on the potato versions of the consoles

• Like Like x 4
  8. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Yep. Ditch the old consoles, stop selling petrol, move with the times, people. It’s all new consoles and electric cars now. Don’t worry about those people who are left behind, they’re probably working class anyway. They don’t deserve train simulators or independent travel. They can play with their hoops and sticks and catch the omnibus, like my granddad did. Us rich kids can have our fun, as long as they don’t make us pay tax to help those less fortunate than us. We are an elite and we are all that matters.

And get rid of desk top computers too, so 1995, it’s all tablets now. Don’t worry about PC gamers, they can get the new consoles too. It would hardly do for people to still have the choice of the hardware they use.

In other words, the OP has just got a new console, so everyone needs one.

• Like Like x 54
  9. SBos

SBos Well-Known Member

They can’t do it because the Companies that have done it are huge and DTG isn’t. Plus the fact things like football games and the like are much more popular than train simulators.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Tank621

Tank621 Well-Known Member

I'd say ditching the old consoles is something for TSW3, and even then that should be at least a couple of years in the future. Once the next generation of consoles has firmly established itself, then its time to make the most of the opppurtunity.

• Like Like x 1
  11. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

I and many players would have made the leap to the new generation. But the problem is that it's harder to find a PS5 than a unicorn.
    As long as this situation continues I doubt DTG will forget about the old generation because that's where the majority of their customer base is currently playing and therefore where a lot of their revenue comes from.
    Maybe they could do an intermediate solution and add some bonus for newgen users. I don't know, for example activate layering in HMA. But anyway they can already enjoy the game with better performance and much smoother than others, from what many users have reported.
    In short, I might be wrong but I think there is still some time to go for a new generation exclusive version of TSW.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I saw two Unicorns go past my living room window this morning. No PS5’s did though.

• Like Like x 5
  13. xblackwolf90

xblackwolf90 Well-Known Member

Long term, yes. But this needs to be once next-gen consoles are easy to get hold of and much more widely adopted. Until then, cutting off PS4 + Xbox One would likely remove a very large chunk of their user base.

For now, I would like to see the next release of TSW have an optimised next-gen version. PS4 players can continue as is, but PS5 players can benefit from increased draw distance, detail, passenger volume etc.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ARuscoe

Football games tend to be annual full releases, if DTG charged every year for their products... could you imagine the backlash?

• Like Like x 2
  15. ShaneS89

ShaneS89 Active Member

DTG won’t drop the old consoles this year, there’s not enough people with them yet. I’d be very surprised if this year’s update doesn’t have some form of next gen upgrades tho. If and when DTG do decide to drop last gen it’ll probably be more of a phasing out, eg lower graphic settings, less (or no) layers on last gen. That way they’re not quite as restricted by the hardware.

• Like Like x 2
  16. lmcpfc2014

lmcpfc2014 Well-Known Member

Most people don't have and can't afford the new consoles, they may even be able to ditch them for 3-4 years when the majority of people get the newest gen consoles

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  17. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

'I'm Sorry, But Dtg Need To Take A Hard Stand And Ditch The Old Consoles'

... And thus ditch more than half of their consumers... Yeah, right, that makes total sense

• Like Like x 21
  18. longo239

longo239 Well-Known Member

Never going to happen anytime soon.

19. byeo

byeo Well-Known Member

I own a day one PS4, it sounds like a HST departing Paddington as soon as I start many games including TSW2, the heat it kicks out of crazy. We'll see a console upgrade for TSW eventually but right now it's pointless given a very small number of people are lucky enough to own a next gen console.

Once TSW does get a next-gen upgrade I'll start hunting for a PS5 for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  20. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Well as a person who owns a Xbox Series X, I do agree with the idea however I guess you can say I am lucky that I have a next gen console. Other games have done next gen updates however dtg said doing that would take a while to do. Also, most players still do play on last-gen consoles so if you ditch a last-gen console, most players won't be able to play the game. Next gen consoles are not easy to come by and they are pricy as well so I think what dtg should do when tsw3 comes out is make some next gen updates. The reason for the not so great quality on arosa line is to put it straight the fault of last gen consoles and trying to make the route run smooth on those systems. I've seen some pc players say that this game is being held back by last gen consoles and quite frankly that's exactly what's happening and you have some calling for a next gen only version of the game and I can see why. I think tsw will phase out of last-gen in 2-4 years once they are more available but it simply would not make sense to abandon last gen so soon but hopefully the yearly tsw update will have some optimization updates for next gen users like other games have done

• Like Like x 2
  21. Gav

Gav Active Member

I have a PS4, been playing the game for years on it, never had a issue or problem, everything runs smooth and excellent. TSW and TSW 2, looks beautiful and much less issues/problems than any PC games.

• Like Like x 5
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  22. tallboy7648

That's down to the fact that you can download a console game and it will work just fine. In a pc you need certain specs to make the game work properly and even then on my Xbox One S I was getting crashes on ska with layers 2.0 KM from koln hbf because of how poorly optimized it seems to be. I got a memory error when it would crash

• Like Like x 1
  23. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

I don’t really believe that everyone fell for the troll

BTW matjamca; were the unicorns carrying a ps5 and did you ask them where they got it as they are rare as hen’s teeth here!

24. Tynmar

Tynmar Well-Known Member

Troll? What troll :)

time to unwatch this thread, my iPhone 4 can’t handle the notifications :D

• Like Like x 2
  25. shhweeet#4292

shhweeet#4292 Well-Known Member

I play on a PS4 1st generation console and TSW2 plays just fine on it apart from maybe the odd pause now and again. As others have said sourcing a PS5 is pretty hard to do at the moment but even if you could get one easily I won’t be buying until it seriously drops in price because I’ve other priorities that command my income that’s just a hard fact. Abandon PS4 and people like me will be out of the game for quite a few years apart from what we can play on our PS4 I suspect.

I’d be surprised if PS4 players are just abandon by dtg tbh. Pretty bad business plan on their part if they did.

• Like Like x 6
  26. ARuscoe

Cough cough TSW1 cough cough...

• Like Like x 4
  27. tallboy7648

Cough That is true*Cough

• Like Like x 3
  28. ARuscoe

Cough cough Flight Sim cough cough

(and several fishing games by what I've seen)

• Like Like x 3
  29. tallboy7648

*Cough That is all true *Cough I can´t believe I forgot about those games *Cough Cough Wheeze Cough Cough*

• Like Like x 3
  30. junior hornet

junior hornet Well-Known Member

Covid Alert!

• Like Like x 6
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  31. tallboy7648

I got vaccinated so I am fine :)

• Like Like x 1
  32. welshredskin

welshredskin Member

I was one of the lucky ones who managed to get a PS5 at release, and whilst I admit it would be nice for DTG to make a dedicated next gen version of TSW2, the thought of them ditching the majority of their PS player base to move on to next gen at this stage is without doubt the dumbest strategy imaginable.

I'm just grateful I got a PS5 in the first place, so I already get to experience TSW2 running as best it can. Yes at some point it'll happen and the old generation will be ditched, in the meantime as has been mentioned, hopefully at some point they'll offer a next gen upgrade alongside the PS4 version.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  33. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

So glad you said that. I’ve got a standard PS4 and the game runs beautifully.
    It looks fine, never crashes and never stutters.

It’s a cheap and easy way to play the game instead of investing in a computer which I know nothing about.

If I did own a computer I would probably go back to TS Classic as the editor was my favourite thing when younger.

• Like Like x 6
  34. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

Or people can just buy PS5. Why would DTG ditch old consoles when the majority of their customers have these?

• Like Like x 1
  35. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Spare a moment for those who do not have enough money to upgrade their consoles

• Like Like x 6
  36. Irish Train sim

Irish Train sim Well-Known Member

And even if you could, they’re sold out!

• Like Like x 5
  37. formulabee#1362

Console compatibility is partly why TSW is so popular

• Like Like x 2
  38. Gav

Gav Active Member

Yeah this "Consoles can't run TSW" stuff is total hog wash and nonsense. I think its either someone who has a faulty machine or these PC snobs who are annoyed that they spent close to £2,000 on their PC which keeps crashing every 5 seconds LOL

I have a PS4 Slim and have played hundreds of hours on TSW and now TSW 2, never ever had any problem, it looks gorgeous and looks EXACTLY the same as elite PC versions when I see them plying it on youtube videos.

Never had any stutter or lag issues whatsoever on any line, I believe the stuttering is people pressing the throttle or brake too quickly which could be because of the PS4 controller, as its different than a keyboard. Game is excellent on PS4

• Like Like x 8
  39. formulabee#1362

Xbox one s is ok, get stutters now and again, but that is only if I’m in an area where there are lots of trains- like hoo freight yard on sehs. It needs a bit of polishing, only a tiny bit. I agree, Xbox tsw runs as good as pc, if not better because you get guaranteed performance, whereas with pc it’s harder to get the ‘perfect pc’

• Like Like x 5
  40. ildario77

ildario77 Well-Known Member

Ok, but be careful when you say that TSW runs smoothly and without stuttering on PS4, because, well, is not true. Maybe you don't notice that so much, but it's a fact, fps and stuttering problems are there. Some routes are heavily affected (LIRR, the bloody overground section of Bakerloo Line, ecc.) and in some cases the game freezes for almost 1 second. Come on. I like this game, but I wouldn't say it's smooth. Not at all.

• Like Like x 5
  41. ildario77

Lol, are you serious? :D

• Like Like x 2
  42. ildario77

I read a lot of funny things on this forum, but this one is simply brilliant. Ok, take a look at this video, at 13:04. Isn't it a bloody freezing issue? I experienced that thing EVERYTIME, always in the same place, because is a scenery loading issue. And every single PS4 gameplay video on YouTube shows it.

• Like Like x 2
  43. shhweeet#4292

Is it a PS4 issue why the tube train I’ve just been driving for approx 50 mins just died for no apparent reason? ( I’ve done nothing wrong that I could see ) and then for love nor money it just won’t go again. I’ve just done a brilliant run on the Calling All Stations task only for this to happen?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  44. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

i will ditch my old ps 4 console when i can get my hands on a PS 5. they are like rocking horse LOVE to get hold of one

• Like Like x 1
  45. RynoHawk

RynoHawk Member

While probably not the OPs intent, this post screams of "now that I've upgraded to next gen, it's time for DTG to do the same."

Most game companies give at least a couple of years before they leave the previous generation of consoles behind. DTG would leave behind a large portion of their player base (i.e. paying customers) if they just up and upgraded now.

• Like Like x 6
  46. Coastway trainspotter

Coastway trainspotter Well-Known Member

I really hope dtg don’t drop support for consoles , I am on an Xbox one s and I really enjoy playing tsw2 on it , and there is no reason to stop work for these consoles . Not everyone can afford a ps5 or Xbox series x

• Like Like x 4
  47. Coastway trainspotter

This is a known issue across all platforms and not just PlayStation

48. Coastway trainspotter

Consoles are how dtg make most of their money , so do you want the company to go bankrupt and not develop any more dlc ?

• Like Like x 2
  49. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

It’s a shame you’ve experienced that. My PS4 is a second hand basic model and has never given me any trouble- it is quite noisy though!

50. shhweeet#4292

Ok thanks for the info. On a bright side I’ve re run it and scored a gold medal with a near perfect run!