I'm Sure You Have Heard This On A Lot Of Timesl

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sabe20189, May 15, 2020.

1. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

I installed my DEMs when I was prepping to setup my line.
    the track is in eastern Iowa and has a lot of razorback hills my line is based on an existing railroad in Iowa. After I was up and running, I watched some videos and laid som practice rail I decided to head out of town and lay rail. As i got to the edge of town I noticed about fifty feet of rail was under the grass and then it came out at the other end. so I decided to fix it later and I went on to lay track, so I made about 6 miles of straight track leaving town. There will be a side track along this main line, so I decided to get on my virtual four wheeler and check the track out. There is a decent hill coming out of down and when I got the fare end of the rail. The track and ties were in suspension. The track was elevated about 15 feet off the ground. I think the old Microsoft had something like hold down G+control, to ground the rail. Something like that. Anyway, I hate having to get a virtual engineering company to reshape the earth. I'm curtain this must have a simple fix. because what would this be without steep hills on a railroad. When I used the magnet it brought the rail out in pieces. Any miracle tips?

2. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Have you looked at any of the videos regarding Track Laying?
    There are quite a few different ones on Youtube

Peter

3. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

I have looked quite a few but I have only seen where you can make a cut through a small hill and how to create a vertual hill, but nothing where you can make the rail snap to a DEM terrain.

4. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

5. Sabe20189

Sabe20189 Member

Thank you 749006. I have it now.