Immersion Mode Needs A Controller Assignment For The Bell.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Easy301, Sep 4, 2022.

1. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

Ideally rebinding controls would be fantastic, but in the absence of that would be possible to get a controller assignment in Immersion mode to use/turn off the bell?

It's odd this is missing as there's unused buttons that can easily be used for this in the main and "Operational shift" layouts as well as assignments in Immersion mode that are rarely if ever used compared to a function like the bell.

Just something to think about! :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. adlian_cc203

adlian_cc203 Member

Thank you!

And wiper as well...

3. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

You’re not alone, I did mention this a couple of days ago.
    https://forums.dovetailgames.com/th...n’t-control-the-bell-from-a-controller.58001/
    Hopefully if enough people bleat about it something will be done.
    How would you suggest it be implemented ?
    Operations-shift d-pad up seems a logical choice, as nothing else uses that. What we don’t want is a solution where it has to be implemented on each loco like the short-lived but useful PZB-Sifa intelligent acknowledge button. A simple mapping added to the existing Immersion layout would be perfect.

4. Easy301

Easy301 Active Member

Something like operations shift plus D-Pad up would be perfect, it's used often enough that an easily accessible assignment like that your suggestion would be just fine.

I've been on a hiatus from TSW since shortly after the announcement of TSW2, has it ever been states if custom controller assignments is ever a feature that's coming? The controller layouts as of now are pretty good, but still, being able to assign critical functions to your input device seems like it should be basic functionality for a simulation.

It is akin to users of a flight simulator having to solicit the development team to add a gear up option to their joystick button haha. I do mean that with all due respect, I'm sure there are limitations or reasons this has not been implemented but hopefully the ability to change custom bindings comes soon, even if just letting us decide what functions the empty assignments do.

5. Redbus

Redbus Well-Known Member

A while back we were told full user input mapping would be forthcoming but that has died a death. DTG seem reluctant to allow players to configure their controller or indeed any other peripheral, probably because locking it down alleviates potential support issues. There is I would argue much to be gained from opening this up, including PC users being able to use any Xinput peripheral, and just general flexibility for all. Going back to the bell, it’s really not much to ask so hopefully someone is listening.

6. HappyBasher

HappyBasher Active Member

Couldn't this replace the alternative horn (square/x + push down left stick) - i don't think us locos have 2-tone horns like UK ones.