Improve Screen On Class 395

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tswjake24, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Tswjake24

Tswjake24 Member

I believe they should include more functionality to the in cab screen to the left of the cab it has no functionality at all they should also make it so you can set PIS dest on your own takes away immersion even make it like MSB when you don’t enter code instead use arrow buttons it’s not hard DTG.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Crosstie

Crosstie Well-Known Member

Functional MFD's have been included on some locomotives, e.g. AC4400CW and the British EMD type 66, so it's certainly possible. I guess DTG just decided not to include it for the 395. From what was said on the stream, it's not going to be added on.

3. skyMutt

skyMutt Well-Known Member

Don't quote me on this, but I feel as though the reason it wasn't included is because in the real world, to set the destinations a driver would have to input a specific code for it. That would mean that we would have to remember a whole list of codes for this. That might not be a problem for people like you and me, but for the average person who just wants to pick up the train and drive, they just won't want to bother with it.
    They could've taken artistic liberty and modified the screen a bit so that you could input destinations, but that never did come to fruition, and likely never will. The Class 395 picks up where it's supposed to go automatically, so there's not much point in adding this function besides it being something that we can play around with.

• Like Like x 2