Improvement To The Destination System

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aran, May 10, 2021.

1. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

As I have described here, the new dynamic Destination System introduced with Southeastern Highspeed has a fair amount of flaws. Following this development, I have come up with a solution that solves all of the shortcomings while maintaining the advantages of this new System.

The system dynamically reads the destination from the service it is currently on, this makes it impossible for players to set them manually, as there is no list to chose the destinations from.
    A way to overcome this is to give each route it's own list of destinations with all the necessary data like line numbers, intermediate stations and of course the final destination. When a train is then put onto that route with either the Scenario Planner or the use of Layers, it reads that data and puts it in a list that can then be navigated via the appropriate interface for each train. Trains with displays that only support the final destination will only retrieve that data from the route while trains with more detailed screens will make use of the full set of information.

This method reinstates the interaction between the player and the train without needing to use incorrect destinations on trains that have been brought into a route they were not originally made for. And while it does once again require the Devs to set the destinations for each service, I consider this to be an acceptable sacrifice to maintain accuracy in a Simulator that is meant to be authentic.

• Like Like x 13
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

This seems like a good solution. Trains in real life would have systems that have similar features that you described here. If tsw2 clams to be authentic, then systems like these should be implemented

3. Aran

Aran Well-Known Member

I hadn't thought of that, a Talent 2 in Bayern will obviously have a different set of destinations compared to if they were used in NRW. And this does represent that, even if it is just a happy byproduct.

• Like Like x 1