Improvements That I'd Like To See To The Acs-64 And Amfleets

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Anthony Pecoraro, May 6, 2021.

1. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

A few improvements that I hope DTG do to the ACS-64 and Amfleets are as follows. Please use a bump map on the sides of the ACS-64. In TSW2020 it was perfectly smooth like a mirror. The Amfleets should be a little more shiny and reflective than they were before, and should have some small ripples and dents in them.
    On the topic of sound. The ACS-64 should have some better traction motor sounds than it did previously, as well as functional blower sounds. The Amfleets need flange squeal and brake grinding sounds that were absent last time.
    Also, the ACS-64 was underpowered in TSW 2020, and the Amfleets had anchors for brakes, so hopefully this gets resolved.
    Previously, the Amfleet interiors had some low res textures, most notable on the seats and emergency window handles, which also was spelled incorrectly.
    One final thing that I hope gets improved upon is the safety systems. Previously, ATC and ACSES didn't work properly.
    Hopefully DTG takes these into consideration, especially as the only part of the original that they are using are the models.

• Like Like x 15
  2. Horizelux

Horizelux Well-Known Member

Absolutely agree! Hopefully these improvements will be taken into consideration for a better experience.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JGRudnick

JGRudnick Well-Known Member

DTG has said that the equipment from the original NEC will be revisited for the new route.

• Like Like x 2
  4. mat#6719

mat#6719 New Member

In addition to what Anthony pointed out, I'd like to see the Amfleet cars get the proper H style tightlock couplers.

5. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure that the TSW 2020 Amfleets didn’t automatically close (which they do in real life), so that’s a fix they could use.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anthony Pecoraro

Anthony Pecoraro Well-Known Member

Oh, the interior doors. That's right.