Improving Lineside Industry: Main - Spessart Bahn (11 Industries)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lewielevy, Dec 28, 2022.

1. lewielevy

lewielevy Well-Known Member

Introduction

Hi, welcome to another post in my series "Improving Lineside Industry". I'm going to be looking at various routes in Train Sim World and highlighting what we have, and what we could have, in regard to railways that serve the various industries along them. I find these to be very interesting, and I think maximizing opportunities for players to use them in TSW would greatly enhance our game.

I've tried to limit any suggestions to what is just about already within the scope of the route, and might just need some extra modelling of scenery, and perhaps a few new wagons.

It must be said that I haven't been a fan of railways for very long, and I'm from Australia, so I'd love for you to add your knowledge about these far-flung routes and correct anything I get wrong. I have speculated at times, as information can be hard to come by.

(Some of the screenshots here of the in-game map are rather poor-looking as I couldn't do any better with their resolution when zoomed out. Some areas do not have 3D buildings on Google Maps so only some locations will have those images included.)

Route

In this post, I'll be looking at Main-Spessart Bahn. I believe the route is set in 2017. Here is a map of the route as represented in game, numbered with each location that I will be highlighting.

[​IMG]

Industries

Location 1

Commencing at the easter end of the route, at Lohr Bahnhof, there is a siding used for loading or unloading logs. Players could deliver and remove Roos-t wagons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Location 2

On the freight spur to Lohr, Gerresheimer's factory is served by rail. It receives the necessary material to make small glass products for beverages and scientific equipment. Players could deliver hopper wagons of sand and unload them here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Location 3

DPD, a parcel distribution company, has a sorting depot in east Aschaffenburg. It has a rail link but appears to no longer be used.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Location 4

DS Smith is a paper manufacturer with tracks into their facility. Players could shunt Habbiins here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Location 5

Adjoining the Aschaffenburg exchange yard, there are a few sidings that deal with logs. Players could deliver and remove Roos-t wagons here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. lewielevy

Location 6

Akar Logistics und Handel is a transportation company with a rail line into their warehouse. However, it appears to not have been used lately.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Location 7

TRANSGAS is a transporter of liquefied natural gas with a branch in south Aschaffenburg. It recieves prodcut via rail. Players could deliver and unload Zacns here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Location 8

Rohstoffhandel Bernhard Westarp is a scrap metal recycling company connected to the railway network. Players could drop off and take away wagons of scrap from this site.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Location 9

Trimodales Containerterminal Aschaffenburg is a transhipment facility allowing containers to be moved between truck, train, and ship. Players could shunt Sggmrss here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Location 10

Edelstahl Recycling has a site next to the port than is also served by trains. Players could deliver scrap metal here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Location 11

Pollmeier Schnittholz is a wood dealer that makes use of the rail system. Players could deliver and remove Roos-t wagons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Conclusion

I hope this was interesting. Please feel free to add to this and let me know what I've got wrong. Thanks for reading!

• Like Like x 6
  3. Richard CZE

Richard CZE Well-Known Member

We will need these wagons for scrap metal. Very good suggestion.

IMG_20220510_062149.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. lewielevy

Eas, yeah, they would be great for this route and a number of others I have covered so far.

• Like Like x 1
  5. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  6. lewielevy